Any addons that can filter certain phrases out of guild chat?

I’d rather not resort to gquitting, moving my window to another tab in the event i miss something or forget that I tab.

Basically I’m asking if there’s an addon that’d filter out a weakaura chat spam vs having to resort to ignoring it, it’s been persisting for a few months. Tried badboy, found out it doesn’t work on guild chat, been having difficulty trying to google and find filters or if someone’s got an addon that does what I described.

Not that I know of tbh, the other solutions you mentioned are the usual ones, bad boy would’ve been the only possible one. Or… Finding a better suited guild.

I guess you have your reasons to want to stay, but if it is that egregious not sure it’s the best to do so.

That said, what do you need filtered? Specific words?

Two specific words, ‘meow’ and ‘meow meow’ it wasn’t that bad when there was only one or two people doing it but when like 5-7 or so of the guild has it playing in guild chat whenever someone says the trigger phrase ‘meow’ then it kinda blows my chat up when it happens (this is only part of the guild online and that might have the weakaura)

Basically guild chat looks something like
trigger phrase
meow meow - g1 (including the trigger phrase user if they have the weakaura)
meow meow - g2
meow meow -g3

you get the idea haha

I’ll do some research, but I don’t know that it exist. Alternatively working with the guild to figure out a less annoying solution might be worth.

Sorry I don’t have an immediate solution, if I find something will let you know.

Meow

1 Like

Thank you! I’m trying not to step on too much toes or paws in this situation as my guild is full of people I enjoy but yeah haha

1 Like

Something like:

local function filter(self, event, msg)
	return msg:find("meow meow")
end

ChatFrame_AddMessageEventFilter("CHAT_MSG_GUILD", filter)

You can copy/paste to the website addon.bool.no to download as an addon.

You can change the filter to a single meow etc. or if the filter doesn’t use the correct case.

2 Likes

Prat can filter words too, for anyone looking for a more generic solution.

2 Likes