Anti-RDF arguments. A takedown

Should Arthur be judged for the sins of Mordred?

LFR was meant to be low-effort. It was meant for leveling and preraid gearing. Both of which are low-effort and low reward.

A player after doing so was supposed to seek out a guild to join to raid.

High effort in 5-mans comes for chasing the achievements, later challenge modes, and later further in mythic+. This is why LFD was not used for them and eventually you were bared from using it… because that wasn’t its purpose or intended use. It, however, was still needed as it would be like saying “why allow dungeons to exist only raiding should”.

Everyone should do this.

It creates a cultural difference in the game when one side has to be actively social to succeed, whereas now there is an option for players to play with almost zero interraction.

That’s not what an MMO is. Classic shows the roots of having a good floor for the player base, and not dropping it to the basement so casual players can enjoy low quality content. A group in RDF is not the same as a typically formed one.

RDF and LFR both promote single player gaming for what should be socially driven. (Raids, and dungeons). PvP is different only in the sense that a loser is expected. No one expects to not clear a dungeon, or raids in most cases. The possibility of this happening is increased substantially with automated systems.

Yes… at least in Classic it is.

People don’t talk in groups further then invite me, and do you have a spot. You are expected to know the dungeons in and out, and if you mess up to much you will be removed from the group unless you happen to be the tank and even then you can still be removed without a single thing said.

All the problems LFD supposedly has already exists without it. Meaning LFD isn’t causing them.

LFD creates a different experience for the entire community, even outside of Dungeon queueing. It has a far reaching effect. So, the “Dont like it dont use it” argument doesnt really hold up.

And all those problems LFD doesn’t fix. It’s just convenient.

No one claimed that it did fix them, but just because it doesn’t fix an unrelated issue doesn’t mean that it should exist. By the logic, Ulduar hardmodes and Heroic Raid also shouldn’t exist because it doesn’t fix that issue. Hierloom gear shouldn’t exist because it doesn’t fix that issue. Inscription shouldn’t be added because it doesn’t fix that issue. More in line with your own words. The Pet and Mount tabs shouldn’t exist because they don’t fix that issue. They are just convenience.

Please explain the objectively negative far-reaching effects of LFD that make it effect you even if you don’t use it.

That position has been explained ad nauseum. Im not going to get into a long drawn out argument about it. Im just reminding you that if it were as simple as “dont like it dont use it” then all of the anti-LFD would just be IDontCare-LFD.

Ok so you have no answer because it isn’t true. One of the reasons I have been posting here is to debunk and dispel platitudes like this one that people repeat without a single shred of logic behind it. You are wrong and you can’t defend your position it is as simple as that.

1 Like

Agreed. I don’t like that bosses aren’t at a set danger level. Seems odd they change depending on how many buddies I bring.

Agreed. No point for it really.

Inscription isn’t a convenience. It’s a whole new system for the game. Professions are the opposite of convenient typically.

Have you see peoples disgust with flying mounts? I’m not one of them but I see where they’re coming from.

That still doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me. Because I know a lot of people who will still be forming groups even if RDF were a thing, to then use it to queue, to get their daily badges and what not, but without the random people. At that point, the only difference is that two people aren’t chosen to go to the summoning stone to summon the other 3, all five get there fast.

My refusal to entertain an argument for you has nothing to do with whether each position is wrong or not. As I said - the arguments for each side have been well established. “Dont use it if you dont like it” does not apply here bcause LFD affects the entire community whether they use it or not.

Your desire to just keep fighting people on this and demanding they engage you is driven by something else. But definitely not that you’ve somehow check-mated the entire WoW community lol

Not the entire community. You have checkmated yourself though as you argue a point you can neither explain or backup.

1 Like

lol, k

/10char

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.