Another week goes by without fixing WW monk's trash dps

PL-ease!!!

1 Like

Sooooo much effort for soooo little reward.

2 Likes

just hang tight, the experts at blizz will surely grace the monks with another game changing 5% buff.

1 Like

That better be a typo and there be a zero after that 5 or a number that’s not zero before it.

literally just buff RSK meaningfully.

But then the pvp community might whine that we broke our foot off in their a*se.

Whats wrong with monk dps? I thought they were meta in m+?

I came on here to figure out if i wanted to gear up monk or DH for M+ and pvp. Got me second guessing

I’d say locks are the meta for M+.

WW dps and it’s AoE are propped up by CDs and procs and not by solid design anymore.

Here’s a list of specs that I personally have seen beat my AoE burst while I have all CDs popped.

Destro, Demo, Surv, Marks, Prot Pally (occasionally), Unholy (occasionally), Ele (occasionally), and DH (rarely).

1 Like

Meta isn’t because of their “good class design” - it’s from over powered tier sets that will disappear, and with them, their over the top rankings.

There’s a reason Locks and Survival Hunters weren’t showing up on the charts until season 3. And once that power source disappears, so do their outrageous numbers, and so too goes the meta slot.

To be fair, that’s because there isn’t much of it left.

Anyone who’s played WW for a while knows that Blizz cut WW’s AoE by way over 50%. They moved consistency and coverage for extremes into CDs and RNG, and now we don’t have good consistency and coverage for extremes.

1 Like

So you’re saying that Monks should be doing 40-50k overall right now? And you think that would constitute “good class design” ?

You missed the point. Though, I’m sure I could make 50k dps hard to maintain/execute for most people, and WW has the design space and flavor to make it so.

To be specific, Blizz cut WW AoE to pieces by:

A. Putting in a target cap on our AoE. Even though we’re supposed to be AoE burst.
B. Literally cutting FoF’s AoE in half because it does like 40% or 30% reduced against secondary targets in addition to the now current pseudo-target cap.
C. Worst of all Blizz hard gimped our efficient system that could handle any size big pull because not only did Blizzard cap MotC stacks to 5 targets. They also nerfed it from 50% buff a stack to 40% then 18%.

And to top it all off, they added and kept DoCJ which is RNG as hell, but makes AoE occasionally go big dakka pew pew, and they called it a day. Now because WW can high roll and because of Necro shenanigans the vast majority of people overvalue WW AoE and it is very overinflated. With all that, we still ain’t even in the top three of AoE. Destro, Marks, Surv, Demo, all handily beat WW in AoE. Hell, even prot pally, sub rogue, bear druid, and dk can match us. And all of those specs bar maybe the tanks beat us out in ST.

There’s also stuff we no longer have like SotWL which was a really strong spender we had that did damage in tank health bars, and the fact the Blizz artificially slowed down our rotation over the course of two xpacs by gradually making Tiger Palm more expensive. The fact that they moved Energizing Elixir (a really handy resource refill) to the talent tree and then nerfed it really didn’t help either.

They more or less nerfed/deleted the aspects of our design that helped the spec do what it was designed to do, which is AoE burst.

4 Likes

Windwalker

Rising Sun Kick damage Increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
Fists of Fury damage to primary target increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
Blackout Kick damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
Tiger Palm damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
Fist of the White Tiger damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.

Developers’ notes: As part of our ongoing balance efforts, we’re taking a more aggressive approach towards improving Windwalker Monks’ single-target damage, so that their performance is more competitive in raid situations where their unique strengths may not come to the forefront.

2 Likes

Yea ww monk ST is pretty booty sh** but i heard from a friend of mine that we’re getting a 20% buff in 9.2.5 but im not too sure

A few abilities (the person above you posted them) are getting 20% dmg increases, doesn’t mean that ww will overall do 20% more dmg but from what I heard from the monk website its looking like maybe a 12% dps increase overall?

Aahh ok gotcha yea lol i wasnt sure on what my friend was talking abt :joy:

Are you guys serious!? Buying into these crocodile tears…only season these guys arnt on TOP of the dmg meters in M+ and they already stirring up a SH!t Storm.

The hell are all the freaking rogues doing on our forum sleeping…damn no wonder we ant getting no damn buffs since they introduced tier.

Most of the complaints are about WW’s ST/raid damage. Which are valid. Pretty sure it’s been bottom of the barrel for a month. Probably more.

As for our AoE, I can’t speak for the other WWs. However, I don’t like it. The numbers are inconsistent. The design and support for it got dismantled. Had Blizz left our AoE in the same state as it was in Legion, the state of our ST would have been understandable and we’d still be deleting dungeon trash harder than anyone in the game can atm.

Realistically, the only rogue spec that can complain is Outlaw, and that is completely understandable. Blizzard basically did to their AoE what they did to WW’s except not as bad. No pity for sin and sub though.

Outlaw got a similar buff today.

Yea but it’s just ST stuff. Though, ST buffs probably help Outlaw AoE more.

Still waiting for when Blizz ungibs WW and Outlaw AoE.