-ANOTHER- timeskip?!?

Okay, so… I’m not entirely certain on this, but I’ve heard a bit of a rumor that the events of Dragonflight take place over the course of two years… could anyone confirm that? If so… that means we likely have to age our characters AGAIN. ><

2 Likes

I mean I wouldn’t call DF a timeskip, it plays out in real time doesn’t it? The time between SL and DF is a few years or more though.

Another timeskip is sorley neeed then Zekhan and Durak and his sister would actually be adults.

Thats not really a timeskip; just the average canon length of expansions. In my opinion it makes a lot more sense than everything happening in one year.

Dragonflight will have been 2ish yesrs when TWW comes out.

1 Like

There have ALWAYS been time skips between expansions, they were just never specifically called out unless a story like Anduin’s prolonged walkabout included them.

Anduin has been absent from his post since his abduction at the beginning of Shadowlands. He continued his absence through the whole of the Dragonflight chapter and apparantly will still be absent when the next saga begins.

2 Likes

IIRC, all of the expansions, except maybe the first one or two, took place over a couple of Azeroth Years. IIRC average of 2 years in setting time.

The first(only?) timeskip to take place happened at the end Shadowlands, which itself took place over 2 years of Azeroth time, even if the champions experienced more or less time themselves, in which a 3 year time jump was done to put more distance between events, let the natives experience actual “peace” and jump the world and more importantly the NPCs forward so the writers felt more comfortable writing them differently and playing up, or down, relationships that might have started before or during the time jump.

Unless there is another explicit time jump at the start of WW, we are just back to the normal 2ish years of time for the story of the expansion to play out over.

1 Like

Oh no your character has to grow, develope and gain wisdom with age how tragic.

2 Likes

I take the comic book approach, which means our characters don’t age as long as they remain in print.

1 Like

That’s kind of the standard. It feels more natural in some expansions than others

when are the undead gonna rot away

1 Like

Dragonflight launched on November 28th, 2022.

1st year of the expansion events unveiling would have finished on November 28th, 2023.
2nd year of the expansion events unveiling will finish on November 28th, 2024.

So no time skip, just natural yearly progression. Even if the War Within launches before November 28th, we can still say that Dragonflight took place over 2 years, even if it wasn’t a full 2 years.

As an RPer I prefer the real time progression and I hope they stick with it… when they released that timeline stating most expansions happened over the course of a single year in the lore, I had to do so much messing around with backstories to make them consistent again.

That’s what I love about RP, man. I get older, but the Avatars stay the same age.

1 Like

My character doesn’t look a year over 20000…lol

1 Like