Another reason why Vote to Kick Debuff is Garbage

1st boss in Panda TW where the door shuts on you if you dont make it through.

Tank and myself make it through. The others are stuck.

Tank and I fight boss, it’s going slow. Tank leaves the group.

I am doing pretty darn good soloing boss, got it to 25% after like 3 minutes, need about 2 minutes more.

THE SLOW GROUP THAT COULDNT MAKE IT THROUGH A DOOR KICKS ME.

I understand, honestly because who wants to wait? Seriously I’m not mad, Ill just reque…

OH WAIT I HAVE A 30 MINUTE DEBUFF BECAUSE BLIZZARD PUNISHES INNOCENT PEOPLE WHO GET BULLIED BY THE MAJORITY OF THE GROUP.

GREAT IDEA BLIZZARD, INTENTIONALLY DESIGN A PUNISHMENT SYSTEM WHERE A LARGER GROUP OF PEOPLE GETS TO ISOLATE AND PUNISH AN INDIVIDUAL.

WAY TO PROVIDE A FUN AND SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR PLAYERS!

1 Like

You decided to pull the boss. Tank told you to just die and you decided to try and solo the boss so he left. Rest of the group tells you to stop but you ignore them. You got kicked and now it’s everyone’s fault but yours.

Next time, lay off the Red Bull and wait like 3 seconds for the rest of the party to catch up and let the tank pull.

7 Likes

yea this seems more annoying than anything, u can just die and itll probably be done faster

Please learn to read. I didn’t pull anything. I was on my Demon Hunter, Havoc spec.

Tank pulled.

The group didnt type ONE WORD, they didnt tell me anything.

Hindsight, probably a better idea

You spent three minutes trying to solo a boss that dies in like 30 seconds…and still failed? Even if the pull wasn’t your fault, you could have simply died, released, and most likely had a tank rejoin and kill the boss in half that time.

It’s not bullying when you waste 3 people’s time like that and they express their displeasure.

5 Likes

People don’t like it when someone tries to solo something over the course of 6 minutes when you could just die and pull it normally and have it take a minute 30.

And the reason being votekicked gives the debuff is because players abused it when it didn’t. Instead of just leaving, they’d just troll or afk (notably: tanks/healers, so the run couldn’t continue) to get kicked so they could get out of whatever they didn’t like without getting deserter.

Also the same reason we don’t get to replace people when someone leaves an M+ group. Players abused it constantly. Run through the whole place with the pug group, kick a random pug right before last boss, pull in crappy friend for free loot, kicked player gets nothing for their time. So now we can’t replace players.

People ruin things. There’s usually a reason things are the way they are.

4 Likes

No one expressed anything. They chose to execute a kick without suggesting anything.

They expressed it by kicking you. They do not owe you a warning prior to kicking you. It’s common courtesy to not deliberately waste other people’s time.

3 Likes

Oh. So you were just lying when you said:

1 Like

AGAIN. Easy to say in hindsight. And you’re not wrong.

Al lthey had to do is say “Dude, just die” and I would have snapped out of it.

And you guys are focusing on the wrong thing, not surprisingly.

IF YOU READ… You will see I agreed with the kick after the fact.

It’s the stupid debuff that’s garbage

1 Like

Take it on the chin and move on.

Sometimes after the first boss, I decide “Nah, I don’t like this group” so I leave. I don’t have a 30 minute debuff, but I DO have like a 15 minute wait before I can queue again.

So I hop to an alt, run a dungeon or two in the 15 minutes or so that it takes, and then hop back and resume.

No reason to fret about it, you win some you lose some.

The bullying was the kick.

Ganging up, attacking 1 person = bullying.

lol… If you say so. :roll_eyes:

People wanting to have their time be productive =/= bullying. No one queues up to a dungeon to watch you attempt to solo a boss.

2 Likes

Eh. Toughen up a bit. It wasn’t an attack. It was democracy in action.

The group decided they didn’t want you with them. Simple as that.

In regard to the debuff: It is there for a reason. Not saying this is directed at YOU, but often people get kicked for GOOD reason (despite the people who flock to the forums to complain about being booted from a group) and the penalty is in place so that maybe, just maybe, the person who is kicked or deserts the dungeon learns something.

It’s clear that you’ve learned something from this bad experience and can go forward with that in mind. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They didn’t need to. It’s inherently obvious that you shouldn’t waste the group’s time.

1 Like

And I explained why kicks give the debuff.