Another Pandaren Summit: Who's Interested?

On a Pandaren I would feel like I was being rude & intrusive if I decided to show up to a Worgen summit put on by Worgen for Worgen to talk about Worgen topics & do Worgen things.

How interesting is it going to be to sit there & listen to several hours of “Nom Nom Om Nom” anyway? Elixir of Tongues won’t help.

At some point in the future there is going to be a non-aligned all-Azeroth conference of some kind. This is not that.

2 Likes

If this is the case I probably would not be interested in going. I honestly have never seen any other race do this and I just never got it.
Hope it turns out good and people have fun though, will try to get the word out to other Pandaren players when the date and time are set.

Sounds good, thanks for spreading the word, regardless.

Not sure what you mean? You are uncomfortable with the idea of Pandaren wanting to discuss things amongst themselves? Or uncomfortable with other peoples crashing the party?

Hate to lose your participation, Zhii, if the former is the case. I respect your courage in holding to your moral compass.

Elves of various sorts have exclusive events. I’ve also seen tribal/clan events by other peoples where it’s made very clear in the announcements that it’s going to be in a particular language. Worgen pack events as well …

There are plenty of Pandaren-hosted and or themed open events for those interested. Wanting to have something special for ourselves once a year doesn’t seem unwarranted to me. Pandaren are unique in that we are a canonically neutral race as a whole (although some individuals choose one faction or another), there’s a separate continent where we are the only player race, & we can talk cross-faction without any elixirs, addons or other kludges. We are uniquely suited as a rp community to build cross-faction positive IC trends. Can’t do that without discussing it amongst ourselves beforehand.

1 Like

Pretty much this, its not that I am ‘uncomfortable’ with it more like I just might not really have that much fun. I like other race interactions and I think how they act towards Pandaria and Pandaren would be unique and fun to see. I would not be worried about non-Pandaren outnumbering Pandaren in a Pandaren themed event.
I might still go through, I love Pandaren RP regardless.

1 Like

If I don’t have work I’d love to come. Guess I’ll have to get my transmog right finally before then.

It’s a bit of a mixed issue either way. One on paw (hah), Pandaren wouldn’t really be the discriminant sort when it comes to friends and allies and would likely by now regard friendly outsiders even as kin. On the other hand, it’s also true that we, as a race, do not often have events like these all our own. And with Pandaren being such a puny percentage of the player population in general, if all races are openly invited, the fear of a Pandaren Summit being outnumbered by races that aren’t even Pandaren is a very real possibility.

Obviously, how this is resolved is left to the discretion of the organisers. Personally, I would see nothing wrong with a character of a friendly race (IE: Your Gnome, Zhii), but would strongly encourage bringing a Pandaren character instead if you have one. C’mon, we’re rare! Bring 'em out and let 'em shine!

4 Likes

The secret is out! How did you know?! #Exposed
But in all seriousness what you and Kunbo said is right, we are very rare, the rarest race in the game in fact. Maybe I need to look at it that way and less of a segregation type thing.

1 Like

I plan to do atleast 4 Pandaren Events a year. Each Season/Celestial. So there is always that! But for this one it would good to be Pandaren only. I didn’t even have Taran’s Nelf husband try to attend last time lol. Maybe sometime we can have a cultural Pandaren event that is open to everyone that allows Pandaren to teach the other races about their culture.

5 Likes

AGH! I just associate you and all your characters together, sorry about that! I’d be more than glad to edit the message if you’d like. But thanks for understanding my point of view on things. And trust me, I absolutely understand yours. Seeing how different races interact is an interesting dynamic and RP would be pretty bland if we were all playing the same race all the time; however, every culture has their festivals and the like, right? There’d be so much potential – again, for being outnumbered – in conflicts arising and the focus of the Summit altogether being shifted. As I mentioned above with the possibility of someone bringing a Mogu, disguised or otherwise.

That being said, I personally wouldn’t say it’s bad to bring another race, but would highly encourage bringing a Pandaren. And mean as this might sound, even discourage (but not outright ban) other races from being present. Just to uphold the safeguards to prevent this becoming “The Summit of All Races but just in Pandaria”.

Although I will say, as Zandalari are now allied with the Horde, it may be prudent to outright ban them. I’m sorry! Just being real here. We’re in Pandaria. Many Pandaren (and indeed, Pandaren refugees played by roleplayers) have been deeply affected by the actions of the Zandalari invaders. They’ve lost homes, families, and the like. Even if they’re friendly or perhaps even apologetic for the actions of their kin, I’d say that is can of worms that shouldn’t be open.

But again, these are just my suggestions! I will happily attend and be glad to help, if needed.

3 Likes

Hehe I was just being silly :stuck_out_tongue:

This was an Idea I had awhile back but work kept me too busy. I think I will do something like this some time in the summer after this event passes.

1 Like

There’s a lot to discuss on other topics as well but let’s make sure we use the (Pandaren-only) Summit as an opportunity to develop something like what has been suggested above - an international expo/conference hosted by Pandaren & open to all.

First you plan the party, then you invite your friends. It’s that simple.

1 Like

I guess the sad part for me is that almost all of my character’s Role-play has to revolve around Pandaren or Zandalari, as they are the races most familiar with Mogu. I wanna role-play my character, so I try to be as polite and cooperative as possible. I’m pleased to say I’ve found many people who are open to my concept and I’d love to RP with others who are deeply invested in Pandaria, interesting place as it is.

As the host guild and one of the organizers of the last Pandaren Summit, I want to interject while I have some time. Though take my opinion with a grain of salt considering I do not play or RP anywhere near as active to to feel any way towards the summit in one way or another.

In the spirit of the summit it was birthed out of the budding conflict between the Horde and Alliance in the aftermath of the Legion and to address the unique situation that the Pandaren face in being one of the few races that have memberships in both the Horde and Alliance. Sharing a homeland but having their people commited to both sides(or no side at all) to the warring superpowers created a climate to which both sides coming together to bring those issues to light as well as find common ground is the spirit of what the event was all about.

Because of that, in addition to recognizing the culture/themes of other guilds and groups present, it felt like it would take away from the moment to have non-pandaren who don’t share those unique circumstances to come to a summit that, quite frankly-isn’t about them. The theme of the last summit was to explore the reality of neighbors and family having to make case on which side to pick or retreat from the war altogether, was in the best interest of Pandaria in addition to still appreciating a shared culture and heritage(feasting, duels, showcasing of guilds/clans, performances).

It’s was not a “Pandaria” summit. It was a “Pandaren” summit.

While whoever hosts the next one is free to have different circumstances to why there is another meeting for whatever topics and townhall they wish to have, I wanted to interject why there were some decesions made to premise of the first one. You all are free to do whatever you wish with ones going forward.

3 Likes

People RP as mogu?

1 Like

Me and a few other people I know. Talented group of RPers. Some of them use Illusions like I do, some just use Mogu-Inspired Gear like from Throne of Thunder. Not all of them are super-friendly. Raijin is something of an oddball, since he follows a very old Mogu Titan-Worshipping religion.

I want to throw my hat in and say I’m interested too. I don’t mind whether it’s Pandaren only or not, as long as the races present are allied to Pandaren.

The latest Pandaren I’ve been playing is a bit of a hotheaded idiot and a Huojin and it would be funny to see her argue why the best option is to join the Horde, at least since I recall the last summit included a public speaking portion/debate. :smiley:

3 Likes

You’ve got an interesting character concept. i’m actually in the process of developing a First Dynasty character concept - with a backstory that makes him pro-Pandaren. But I don’t expect anyone to just welcome him with open arms. & definitely would wait for an invitation to a Pandaren event without trying to push myself forward. Same goes for my pro-Pandaren Troll. Just an inevitable consequence of the character choices I made.

That being said - I’ve been working behind the scenes to get some momentum going for a truly international cross-faction peaceful expo - probably a three day weekend thing. There will be space and time there for you to find the rp connections. Patience is a virtue as they say …

2 Likes

Giving this a bump!

1 Like

I’ll be asking around for dates at the end of the week, and try to have a day for the event ready to go.

Final week of the semester. x.X

2 Likes