Another horde proud moment... ( spoiler)

In the latest cinematic, we see the Jailor lunching a attack at the leader in the maw. Jaina, Baine and Thrall are beat by the attack while Anduin block it for a moment and save us at the same time.

So basically, since the Shadowland pre-patch, all 3 alliance leader that was targeted by Sylvanas show feat of strength while the horde leader just got beat over and over…

Sylvanas try to adduce them, Tyrande is the only one who manage to get away…

We go in the maw to retrieve the 4 other, we found Jaina all good fighting them while Baine and Thrall are just powerless.

Finally the Jailer attack them and once again the horde leader got beat while Anduin got a ‘‘heroic’’ moment.

Seem like Legion 2.0 or even worst for us hordies.

47 Likes

To be fair Baine and even THrall at this point are just warriors with no magic to counteract enemy magic… seemingly not even prot warriors with [Spell Reflection]

As long as it isn’t BFA 2.0?..

17 Likes

It might of been a bad thing that Anduin blocked it, The Jailer seems to have plans for Anduin now. I half expect him to be a raid boss now, though likely one we beat sense back into.

2 Likes

Anduin is there to help Bolvar’s character.

Jania is there to help Kael’thas and Uther’s character.

Thrall is there to help Drakka and Garrosh’s character.

Baine is there and not even worth the Jailer’s plans. I fear that will be the worst stinging moment.

16 Likes

How are any of them lasting as long as they have in the maw? Is this real?

It just made the Jailor and the Maw look weaker than Sylvanas lol. What in the world did I just witness?

3 Likes

Dropping Baine like the useless terd he is was the best part about.

54 Likes

A cow flop?

For what little it’s worth, Thrall seems to munch on trash mobs in between story segments once he finally uses his damn Whirlwind ability. It took me a few pulls before I finally noticed it was him doing it, so it might not really stand out unless you’re paying attention.

The Helya scene bugged out on me though, so I don’t know if Thrall lobbing his axe was actually supposed to do anything other than annoy her.

2 Likes

It was funny to me lol. Was it suppose to look slow motion?

2 Likes

i mean, its thrall and baine, they are about as powerful as a common foot soldier. what do you want?

“well we should have powerful moments too!”

if that is what you want, the alliance is there waiting for you. that said, its hilarious that the begining of shadowlands is broken shore 2.0.

Jailer: i have plans for you jaina and anduin.
Baine: we will not be a part of it!
Jailer: wasnt talking to you (yeets baine)
Thrall: we will stop you!
Jailer:…who are you again?

20 Likes

So the Horde’s two option are “Total Irrelevance” or “Villain Batting”. Wow … Blizz sure loves “writing the Horde” amirite? Also, gotta love Thrall ZugZugging hard about “weapons”. Because of course the Horde needs more braindead warriors who can either die nobly, or be completely worthless and overshadowed by the Alliance warriors (but with magic blessing or gear).

And … man … Baine. Seriously Blizz you really did just drag him into the SLs so that you can make another Alliance/Alliance-Neutral expansion fake being inclusive for one of your two factions. The damned cow was thrown away like trash … twice … by his own kidnapper, and is the first to be rescued from the Maw (while Anduin is the last) … and he’s seriously just going to be sitting on his hands until Anduin is rescued isn’t he? God … he’s just an Anduin accessory…

31 Likes

Thrall berates himself later for having thrown away his weapon, so I think it’s a pretty safe conclusion that it did nothing.

15 Likes

I have been sitting listening to my roommate play through the opening and wonder why Jaina is doing all the talking … to a Horde character.

And man, I’m feeling sad. I didn’t buy Shadowlands, but I miss the excitement of a new expansion.

17 Likes

I found the whole opening sequence in the Maw very weird and rather annoying (I did /spit at Jaina the moment I saw her) but once I got out of it and to Bastion it felt better.

That said, I know they’re going to drag me back into it as soon as I have to go to Ardenweald, which I am super not looking forward to.

4 Likes

ya kind of how i feel, horde leaders do not do much. And so far i haven’t seen them have a heroic moment. Thrall is injured and needs saving so did Baine, that about sums up the horde so far.

3 Likes

Oh man, when the Jailor cocked his eyebrow at Anduin while then just snuffing his spell out? An N’Zoth quote came to mind.

“The Light has made a pact with the enemy of all.”

I don’t think this is going to be a willing pact… I think Anduin is in for some very bad times indeed.

3 Likes

I was just sort of bewildered by Thrall’s insistence on getting an axe.

Is this really the time to be picky, dude? Did you never level up any other weapon skill?

Then nothing comes of that. It’s not like an axe was intricate to some clever plan. Just, a weird filler quest where we learn Thrall’s apparently very conscious about maintaining his brand image.

36 Likes

Thrall whacking skeletons with the crossbow was hilarious though.

12 Likes

Not just any axe; he needed just the right axe. Seriously, dude, we’re in deathworld space-hell. Man the heck up and take whatever weapon I freaking find for you! Make do! Don’t make me go through four or five weapon piles to get Goldilocks’s perfect axe!

29 Likes

Baine will reunite with his father Cairne

3 Likes