Another Frost vs Unholy Thread

I’ve stuck with Unholy since Legion, simply because… Frost just feels like my alt warrior but with blue s*7t. But at this point, I cannot stand the Unholy pet that nonstop respawns every time I zone or hearth. And the fact that Unholy somehow has gotten to the point where we are just a Green Fireball Caster who wears Plate. No real strong melee attack… it’s just gotten stale and the pet is simply useless. I’ve grown to hate it.

So do I take the time to regear and have to “SIGH” find not one, but 2 GOOD weapons?
(I do see gear dropping from everything lately, so it shouldnt be that big a deal)

But… Is Frost worth trying? All is see in these forums is how awful it is?
Is my Death Knight/Wow Career coming to an end. I dont know anymore.
Bumming.

Suffer Well.
Forever.

2 Likes

It depends on the content you’re looking to do. Frost has been purely design for PvE for a few expansions now so if you’re trying to PvP with it, you’ll have better success & more fun elsewhere.

It’s not remotely hard to get 2 weapons this season - gear is pretty easy to get. However, unless you’re trying to clear all the raids on Mythic, you can just play 2h Frost without the legendary without much of an issue.

Again, it entirely depends on the type of content you’re looking to do but with how Frost has been designed this expansion you’ll 100% feel like a "warrior but with blue sh*t. If that not what you’re after then I’d recommend playing something else or just waiting to see what TWW changes bring.

2 Likes

If you’re doing PvE then it does good damage, albeit with notable clunkiness and discomfort in both playstyles. 2H cleaving is awkward due to having to stand in DnD whilst enemies are also inside, and maximizing the BoS window requires enemies living long enough to stay in it, and playing whack-a-mole with rune-spenders which is not fun at all. You can give it a try and may enjoy it but in my opinion it is just not fun due to the design problems.

If you PvP, don’t even waste your time. Frost has to use all of its damage modifiers just to throw out a few big hits that other classes can drop like rain, and one CC, one disarm, one failed global, or so much as losing range for a second will nullify your damage.

3 Likes

Frost is currently a 2h spec, so you don’t need to worry about finding two seperate weapons. That said, Frost is also somehow both bloated as hell and undercooked, at the same time. Hope you like weakaura trackers, pedantic and unituitive resource tracking, and doing 0 damage outside of cooldowns, cause Frost is in a really bad place for casual gameplay rn. And this is talking about 2h oblit, which is infinitely better for casual gameplay than BoS is.

1 Like

frost is cooked- since the patch the other day im doing 25/30k less dps than before it.

I just switched to Frost and used my 2 Handed to check it out, I had to look twice at the limited abilities and attacks. Like my Action bar was half empty… lol, yikes.

It did feel good to see a 3 digit (100k) DPS from one Obliterate Strike, but trying to clear groups on some PvE World quests took longer than expected.

Thanks for the input. We’ll see lol. Just patiently waiting a rework of this class. But when we got put back in Ebon Hold, when all the other classes got a new “zone” in Legion. I knew it was gonna be a while. But, its time. Man. lol.

Yeah, when all the stars align frost hits like a truck. The rest of the time not so much. If you’re doing world content and going from mob to mob it will feel tedious to delete one mob and get into a tickle fight with the next two.

1 Like

I played a lot of Frost back in BFA and I loved it. I tried it again earlier this expansion. From a strictly M+ PoV. I personally hated the spec.

They’re so desperate for Death and Decay to be the “Class Identity” that it makes the spec not very fun. You only do good damage during your CDs and while inside DnD. If the tank has to move the mobs out of swirlies (which apparently every pack in the new dungeons have swirlies), good damage is over. Even with two charges of DnD it’s difficult to keep optimal uptime with any movement. Why does it cost a rune to use DnD? It doesn’t do much damage, but enables everything for every spec. Yet requires resources just to enable.

Again, I haven’t played Frost a ton, but that is 100% what turned me away. Was that DnD AND cooldowns are required to do damage that isn’t laughable.

3 Likes