Another Farewell, Another Breeze to Follow

Small cool breezes helped with the warm sunlight as Mikhail sat on a bench with a tree overhead. He enjoyed the small wind ruffling through the tree’s leaves and his fur, his ears perked to hear the said tree, the fountain across from him, and the waves below hitting the cliff wall. He opens his eyes and looks at the citisens of Stormwind walk by, waving to them, making small chat, then returning to relaxing.

He flipped the mindcellium stone in his hand, messing with it before heading back to an empty and silent Blue Recluse. He looked around to see if someone was there, but it seemed he was just alone at the moment. He sets down the stone on the table near his usual seat and walked out the door.

Another place entered his mind and the breeze hit his back, guiding him south to Booty Bay. Oddly enough, the HQ also seemed empty. Shame struck him as the memories of those events made their way back into his mind. He grabs his white uniform, that turned grey from dirt, and lays it on a table with a letter of resignation.

As he walks out into the bright and beating sun, he lets out a sigh and walks over to the nearby ship. He could feel a new breeze and was ready to follow it, but will never forget the times he had with Ayo, Wildshot, Lana, Kezrin, Moreta, Max, Adlanna, Nikruun, Lo Shing, Yumao, Lan, Mira, Sascha, Zurom, Medi, Evelos, Zaium, the possibly-insane Luci, and all the others. . . so many friends he’ll hope to walk into again during his wanderings.

“Another farewell, and another breeze to follow.” He ponders what else he will see and whom he will meet.

1 Like

Lana walks into the Recluse later for her evening shift and Joachim informs her there is something left for her and hands her the blue-green stone. She recognizes the shape, holding it in her hand.

“I found it by that chair. Do you think one of your Bards left it there by accident?” Joachim asks.

Lana sighs and shakes her head. “No, I don’t think he did.”

Joachim raises a brow. “One of us would have heard if there’d been a struggle. Is he in trouble?”

Lana shakes her head again, turning the stone over in her hand repeatedly. “Mmm… possibly, but rather doubtful. Of all the things to leave, a half-empty frosty mug of milk would’ve been a better indicator of distress than the primary means of secretly calling for help. He’s not that foolish, despite what others might say.”

Joachim shifts uncomfortably. “Oh… then…?”

Lana nods, taking a breath in through the nose. “Yeah.”

“You can’t make them all happy, you know.”

The rogue flips the small stone like a coin in the air and catches it. “Yeah… I know. I just hate it when they leave without telling me why.”