Another day another macOS Bnet bug

Just a heads up - if you are like me and have both ethernet and wifi setup on your Mac desktop - the installer will freeze at “initializing” till you pull the plug on the ethernet cable. For whatever insane reason, having two distinct interfaces in macOS causes the installer to not know what’s up and it won’t know where to DL from. Literally spent 4 days trying to figure out why mine was freezing at initializing. Pulled the ethernet out, worked like a charm.

Don’t have this problem. use wifi and ethernet since always. I wonder if it has to do with preferred order. Mine is set that if both active, ethernet > wifi.maybe yours was wifi > ethernet?

or maybe it was size of packets and MTU and fragmenting? I have carefully curated MTU on both interfaces to avoid fragmentation.

But considering I have two interfaces, then that alone isn’t the cause but some additional unknown variable.

It’s a totally clean install of 14.3. The only variables not out of box are the ethernet and WIFI. The Mac mini is literally sitting right next to the router as well. Just wanted to document this