Another 40+ mounts .. still no achievement past 400?

Hope we see some achieves in a 9.2 PTR build soon

broken record butā€¦hopefully achieves in 10.0?z

More mount collection achieves would be awesome.aq

I have heard one of their rationales is that they donā€™t want newer players to see a really cool reward with a huge time sink to get it. I think this reasoning is flawed for at least four reasons.

• having a very desirable ā€˜high endā€™ reward that players can strive for is exactly what made this game so engaging. Legendaries in vanilla, ashes of alā€™ar in bc, invincible in wrath, mythic level xmog/mounts/titles in current day game, Glad mounts, just to name a few.
  • Cutting Edge / HoF/ Gladiator all exist. These not only take a huge time sink but extreme dedication in and out of the game to gain the skills/knowledge/network needed to complete them. Glad mounts also go away and are unique/desirable.
  • Although I donā€™t have the figures to back this up, a 500+ mount collector is likely to be way more valuable from a business perspective than a new player. I have personally spent thousands of dollars over the years between accts and tokens. Iā€™d be surprised if most new players in 2022 even make it to 1 yr worth of sub time paid.
  • There are so many rewards, and specifically mounts, already. Is a cool looking 600 mount collection achieve really going to cause that much stress for new players? I wonder if they have any data to back up their claim that new players would see a 600 mount reward and quit because of it. Seems like a really weak excuse.

Iā€™ve said this in the past, but it appears the current dev team is tunnel visioned on this and many other topics. I have 0 hope anything will change until there are new people in decision making roles on the WoW team.14

1 Like