Anonymous feature for /who

No outright statement, but logically since you can’t play Classic without a subscription, no Trial accounts would work.

And that makes sense for Blizzard too. They want to encourage new people to play Retail.

2 Likes

Um, in Retail Vanilla, you couldn’t roll Horde and Alliance on the same server. You had to have a separate account to pull it off.

You could easily pay for two accounts.

It’s not abuse, its the game. Anyone can pay for two accounts. Anyone can /who on one account and find the person on the opposite faction.

I know you’re playing on a pserver because you wouldn’t “hop on” the other guy, most people would just have two versions up and running for real time help. It’s kind of a handicap to log out, log in, /who, log out, log in.

1 Like

Well, I mean… IP address for one.

It’s a rediculous idea to try and change this kind of thing. It’s going to happen no matter what.

They did this in The Guild… Clara was mercilessly ganking her guild leader. It was hilarious!

1 Like

There’s already a solution to this. It’s to select PVE.

4 Likes

And people did that.

1 Like

OP never specified two accounts. They just described character hopping between factions on a PvP server, and then referenced a private server as his experience.

In the context of the thread, you can’t do that in classic, and couldn’t do that in Vanilla.

Yes, many people had more than one account to do such things. I for one never gave a crap.

2 Likes

I hope so… And I honestly hope that Classic does not become a funnel for Retail.

Even if they eventually give trial accounts classic access I don’t think it would really be that much of an issue. If they use a trial account to track someone in PvP, they aren’t doing anything that there aren’t multiple other ways to accomplish.

I’m also not sure what you’d farm at level 20 that would be relevant gold wise compared to what you can farm to 60, especially later on when DM comes out. Also, I could see them lowering the cap to level 10 or something given that the max level is so much lower than retail and I believe trials use to only go up to 10?

edit: also, apparently retail trial accounts have a gold cap of 10? so they could easily lower that cap even further for a classic trial, and/or restrict trade and AH access if they don’t already

How so? Is big daddy blizzard going to step in when horde and alliance guilds secretly ally to gank their rival factions for world bosses? How do they prove this when all the chat is on a private discord server? What about when players stack soulstones for raids or park lvl 20 warlock alts in front of important world bosses? What about devilsaur mafia’s or brack rotus gold farmers? How about premade dodging for rank 14 grinds?

The genie is out of the bottle and unless blizzard wants to try to moderate everything, the exact same strategies and behaviors thats been going on for years will be a thing. Change my mind

I’m not sure if there will be a “Classic” trial. Seeing how you need game time to access Classic.

1 Like

Aw…I touched a nerve. You got all defensive…

BTW, that genie was released LOOONG ago. This is nothing new. You got an empty bottle.

I’m genuinely curious though. You really think that stuff wont happen?

Where did I say it doesn’t happen. I know it happens, I did it in Vanilla. I paid for two accounts.

They advertise on Trials…

I’m confused why you said that stuff ‘wont fly’. It will fly and it will be a thing. Its the meta now.