Annulet vs Ring w/Stats

So I’m just curious, where’s the line for swapping out the Annulet for a standard stat ring for resto druids?

Is there an ilvl breakpoint or something, or is the Annulet one of my rings for the rest of the patch/expansion?

Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

that’s a very good question! The annulet is going to be bis for damage output, regardless of stats imo…this is an important consideration if you are pursuing high end m+.

but the choice you’re asking about - will come down to your chosen affinity.

it’s true that resto druid is a very stat dependent class, so many of the Onyx annulet rules do not apply to us…

for example - if you’re a catweaver, you don’t want to lose the haste that the end-game stat rings offer.

you’ll lose quite a bit when you shift out of caster form (due to how lycarra’s functions)…our energy regen/melee swings/hot/dot ticks are all dependent on how well haste stat is optimized…so your overall performance in this form would go down in favor of dps procs, which isn’t worth it - to me at least.

i cannot speak for my fellow Owlbeast Archdruids though.

hope this help! good luck out there :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

Most guides suggest replacing it when it falls below 6-7% of your healing throughput.

But there are other factors. You get a lot of extra stamina with a higher level ring. A big part of gear progression has become when one-shot mechanics stop being one-shot mechanics, and that is because of Stamina. It also “feels” good having a traditional ring with a ton of stats buffing your actual healing spells instead of the Onyx ring just tossing around random heals while you are healing.

I’m finding that the Onyx Annulet holds up better during Raiding compared to M+. On some raid encounters it’s still doing up to 12% of my healing. But in M+ I really like using a regular ring and having the extra Stamina and stronger heals going where I actually need them to go.

2 Likes

This is one thing to take into account. With the extra stats from a regular ring, you control how the healing goes out.

While the extra healing from the annulet is passive and you don’t think about it, a crap ton of that turns into over healing.

2 Likes

Agree with what everyone else above has said. Whenever you get a good decent/new ring, sim it on QELive to see if its actually an upgrade :slight_smile:

2 Likes

in raid the healing annulet is already being outsimmed for me
in boomkin as well ive ditched it

but in m+ ill probably wear the annulet for a while

1 Like

I pug m+ exclusively these days and use it with the two shield stones as I find the shield is better than extra stam at higher levels.

It takes some pressure off my own hp especially if I get a truck dot. Usually the truck dot only uses up the shield allowing me to concentrate on others. Especially on two truck dots plus aoe.