Annoying Dragonflight turn-ins

Back in Ashran, there was this amazing concept of having an NPC dialogue option to turn in all looted currency items (I forget the name of them). Those developers don’t work on the WoW team anymore, because we have this concept of turn in 20, turn in 5, or turn in 1 in Dragonflight, when talking to an NPC. It’s incredibly annoying. The latter serves no purpose other than to annoy the player. Please consider looking at the Ashran method for currency turn-in. Thanks!

6 Likes

Agreed. Why did they not just make them use items for rep like artifact power, azerite, anima

1 Like

Well, I think they want us to visit the outposts periodically, which is fine. What is not fine is turn in 20, turn in 5, turn in 5, turn in 5, turn in 1, turn in 1, turn in 1, turn in 1.

6 Likes

If I have three items in my bags, I’d like to turn them in. That’s why the turn in 1 exists.

I like to clear out my bags of those items without waiting until I have the correct amount of 5 or 20.

This is a wee bit annoying, but honestly, what I hate so much more is getting all these reputation items that build up in my bags constantly and have to be unloaded all over the dragon isles. It’s very tedious. Sadly, I’m sure that’s by design…

Would be much less frustrating if there were faction reps in the heart of Valdrakken that would take your signets, totems, hunting trophies and what have you. Would also make it easier when you want to purchase off of them but their items cost not just resources, but all sorts of weird mats you are going to need off of the auction house too. But again, I’m sure they make these purchases take a few extra trips on purpose. Doesn’t really make me engage longer though, it just makes me ignore it completely. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

No one is saying to not have a turn in for just one item. Having a button to choose which says “turn in everything” would turn in… ALL OF THEM. Isn’t that better than having four and needing to click four times (actually more than that since the dialogue box with the NPC closes each time) to turn them all in?

4 Likes

Hello, I see you replied to the thread. So you would rather turn in 1 at a time, 3 times, instead of just hitting a single button!? Haha, that’s so weird!

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

Is there an auto turn in addon or macro for these? I feel like I had one of those tied to an addon for AV turn ins, but it’s been a while sine I’ve run that.

Why do we even have to travel to the npc to turn them in? Some of the rep tokens you just consume in your bags to gain rep while others you have to turn in.

4 Likes

Hello, I see you replied to the thread. My running theory is that they have different groups working on different pieces of content with very little to no communication between groups! You end up with this weird amalgamation of “things” that make little sense between varying pieces of content! There doesn’t seem to be a streamlined process for making sure that some “things” are universal across the entire game, haha!

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

I’m pretty sure I didn’t say anyone was trying to get rid of it. I was just explaining why it exists. :dracthyr_shrug:

Which requires recoding the entire system, so I’m not sure that’ll happen. I’m not saying it’s a bad idea whatsoever. I’m just saying it requires a lot of recoding.

Or just copying a system for turn ins that already exists in the game, as the OP suggested. If you go to Ashran you can see it and it’s wonderful. Makes you wonder why it isn’t everywhere.

1 Like

Which is recoding the other system into another one. I know what the OP said. It still does mean a recoding of the DF system into the Ashran one.

And again, I’m not saying it’s a bad idea or shouldn’t be done. I’m simply being realistic in that it is coding that they probably aren’t going to be willing to copy over for this current system.

Now future turn ins in future expansions? I hope they’d see the benefit and implement it then.

In Dragonflight there’s very few “automatic” reputation turn ins, which make sense since reputation only provides titles, toys, cosmetics, and questlines

In general when there’s something which has a strict requirement associated with it, Blizzard tend to allow us to “mass dump” (either automatically upon pickup or when delivering), but optional reputations are a bit different and them being a turn-in for us allow us greater control as to when or how to do it
See the Darkmoon Faire being the reason to keep them in your bags and pick up that buff every month

In short, whilst inconsistent … there’s not any real downside to it except for when it becomes too much at which point an automatic dump is better, or for there to just be a smaller number of reputation currencies that can be kept for later or sent to other characters in the case of the insignias