Announcing the Lords of Boralus Community Project

What is the Lords of Boralus Project?:

The Lords of Boralus Project is an RP community on Moon Guard that comprises and establishes a comprehensive variety of RP around the Admiralty of Kul Tiras. Members of the project can find, promote, and create events, find or establish resources that can help them and others craft fun RP for all involved. It is the hope of the Project Leader that a strong, united community centered around the government of the Admiralty that any player can participate in will flourish. With that said this community project will be operating on a no tolerance for drama-mongering policy.

What does a No Drama-mongering policy mean exactly?: Simply put it means that any and all drama that stems from outside the project and its discord will not be addressed by the moderation team. If a member has a grievance with another player be they in the project as well or otherwise that is to be kept private. Backhanded remarks, Out of Character subterfuge, or any other ill intent towards other players will not be tolerated. This community project is not here to be your personal soapbox to shout about why you donā€™t like so and so. Please keep that in mind if you should choose to participate in this project. Moon Guard has enough drama going on as it is, please let that trend end at the door of this community.

Project Storyline: Due to the corruption rampant within the Kul Tiran House of Nobles and the reestablishment of ties with the Alliance an official appointed by the High King of the Alliance, with the approval of the Lord Admiral henceforth recognized as the Alliance Military Governor of Kul Tiras acts as the stationed commander of the military in charge of overseeing the enforcement of Alliance statures and defense of Kul Tiras against external and internal threats. Under the command of this Military Governor the Governorā€™s Legionnaires work to maintain order and establish renewed and lasting ties between the rest of the Alliance and Kul Tiras. Kul Tirasā€™s House of Nobles while dysfunctional and rife with corruption has not fully fallen into disrepair and it is by the efforts of the Admiralty of Kul Tiras through this bold action that they hope to restore stability to their nation with the assistance of outside help desperately needed and finally accepted. Because of this effort to renew ties new opportunities for both Kul Tiran and foreign businesses have started to arise. A prosperous regrowth rests on the horizon for Kul Tiras beyond the storm of past yearsā€¦

For an invitation to the Lords of Boralus Discord please contact the Project Leader: IGN: Jadelia / Highlord Thasrissian#0623 on discord. Non-invitation related messages sent to the listed discord by individuals currently not on my friendā€™s list will be ignored. Please do not spam my discord PMs with irrelevant text, Thank you.

5 Likes

Last thing we need is a Kul Tiran SLP

9 Likes

Whatā€™s an SLP? :wink: In all seriousness though just to clarify a few things. This project is not affiliated with the Stormwind Law Project, nor am I. Iā€™ve nothing against them personally so the record is set on that. Just not my style really. My efforts here are to facilitate RP opportunities and provide a means of networking to individuals who are either new to Moon Guard, new to RP, or are veteran RPers looking for something new or happen to be returning to the game. A place where the all too common occurrence of drama and other OOC problems distracting from RP wonā€™t be tolerated. Sure its easy to assume some project is just another this or that at first glance. It happensā€¦ but you know there is an old saying ā€œDonā€™t judge a book by its cover.ā€ just some food for thought there. Either way I appreciate that you took the time to reply regardless of the reason behind doing so. Coincidentally I think someone was already making a Kul Tiras Law Project some time ago. No idea if its SLP affiliated or not since I am not involved with them. Probably worth looking into if your curious though.

4 Likes

As a person heavily interested in Kul Tiras roleplay, I am always glad to see interest taken in the place. WIth sharding leaving Kul Tiras in the coming month or so, it will mean that weā€™ll be able to not have to group up as much.

However, I certainly see something questionable with some of the listed plot elements- specifically unspecified ā€œcorruptionā€ within the House of Nobles and a governor. I donā€™t think Kul Tiras has particularly been mentioned as having a house of nobles- itā€™s already got the four great houses and each one has gotten a new representative already this expansion save for House Ashvane. While there are ā€œBoralus Nobleā€ NPCs, it doesnā€™t appear as if they wield any political power in the same way they would in Stormwind. Is this project ignoring that aspect of Kul Tiran lore? Is it trying to replace those houses with player-run noble houses?

Additionally, the installation of an Alliance Military Governor sends me some pretty big red flags as well. Kul Tiras, was its own nation before it rejoined the Alliance, with its own laws and customs. Why would a prosperous, semi-isolationist nation accept an outside governor to be forced into place and command Alliance military forces within their own borders in the aftermath of a war? Furthermore, what nebulous ā€œAlliance statutesā€ are being pushed onto the people of Kul Tiras? They didnā€™t do this in Stromgarde and instead returned a rightful ruler to the throne- why does this plot element have any place in this instance?

This ā€œAlliance Military Governorā€ certainly seems like the position would represent a problem within the project as well, centralizing power around a position that does not seem like it is meant to rotate and cannot be voted upon. In your first paragraph, you claim that it is centered around the government of the Admiralty, but then reading about this specific position implies that it is instead focused largely around dealing with an outside influence in Kul Tiras.

Iā€™m not sure overall what the intent of this group is, besides ā€œfind, promote, and create events.ā€ Could you consider expanding on that, relating to what type of events this project is supposed to do, or the types of events being run? While this initially reads as something political, I figure itā€™s important to explain whether this is similar to other nobility projects such as SLP or BLP.

6 Likes

Naturally, as leader of a Kul Tiras RP guild, I am quite interested in all things Boralus related. My guild makes frequent use of the city for our Roleplay and Iā€™d be happy to see more of it happening. Iā€™m not a lord though.

5 Likes

In clarification for you. Everyone is allowed to join the project if they desire to do so. An entire section for merchants, commoners, ect. Is present on the Projectā€™s discord. Secondly the entire Alliance Side Story of the aside from the War Elements of the BFA expansion was all about how there was rampant corruption going on in Kul Tirasā€™s noble assembly/house/whatever other term applies. It is my opinion that when you have a group of noble ā€œHousesā€ beyond two you start to have some sort of assembly otherwise referred to as a House of Nobles.

On that point we can agree to disagree if youā€™d like its pointless to debate over the semantics of it. Because Kul Tiras has in the past broken ties with The Alliance its not illogical to assume that the leadership of The Alliance aka The High King might reasonably wish to appoint someone to the task of smoothing Kul Tirasā€™s transition back into The Alliance after Alliance representatives of some form met and discussed terms of doing so with the Admiralty. As for the political power of the ā€œNoble Assemblyā€ while it seems clear on the surface they hold far less political sway compared to Stormwind they do function as an advisory body to the Admiralty and through that they do hold a little more power then is initially apparent. Even so its a barely touched on part of the BFA story as you might expect given the expansion was heavy on the Alliance vs Horde War. Of course you are welcome to disagree on that as well if you wish.

Overall the Project is made of three portions which fall under Military, Noble assembly, and lastly the Commoners, Business Owners, and other applicable roles that do not fall under the first two. The events which will be run will certainly vary between each of those three categories. Hopefully that helps a bit. Either way thank you for replying to my post its appreciated regardless of the reasoning behind it.

I just want to note that canonically the High King is not somehow the ā€˜liegeā€™ of the Alliance nations. Itā€™s an Alliance and even Metzen explained back in MoP that the High King only commands what is given to him.

The High King only has control over the forces given to him, and leaders who donā€™t like his calls can choose not to commit their forces.

So the idea that Kul Tiras/other nations would have a Military Governor seemsā€¦weird. Itā€™s like if the USA appointed a Military Governor of the United Kingdom purely on the basis of it being part of NATO.

Likewise, the concept thereā€™d be Alliance Statures to somehow be enforced also seems off. Why would a military bloc have any form of laws beyond possibly internal trade and military support agreements?

5 Likes

Here let me present this idea. There were witches in Drustvar correct? Then there was an Old God spreading their influence and corruption around to disrupt stability. Ashvane and her cronies were also inciting problems. Three problems Kul Tiras had which reasonable would incite intervention of some form. Now you are welcome to disagree as much as you like and you are also welcome to join the projectā€™s community and roleplay out your disdain for the idea, same goes for anyone else who is not sure or feels negative towards it for whatever reason they might have. Like Iā€™ve said before one of the goals of the project is to promote and facilitate roleplay. At any rate thank you for your reply. Its appreciated.

1 Like

I canā€™t really imagine any Kul Tiran allowing an Alliance Military Governor, much less following one.

Iā€™m not trying to pile on, but I guess the question I would have from reading would be how familiar are you with Kul Tiras?

3 Likes

The issue here is this is almost the same as what happened to Stormwind in Vanilla:

Duskwood undead, essentially

Replace Old God with Black Dragon and you have Prestor

Defias

Yet here did we see the Dwarves or the other Alliance races appointing a ā€˜military governorā€™ or intervening in the internal affairs of a sovereign nation? All in all, I doubt the Alliance would force a military governor (which is essentially military occupation, all things considered) on a member state.

In all, I feel like the KT lore weā€™ve seen would fit more if this project focused on the minor KT houses (we see ones below the big three/four, such as the Norwingtons) serving in an advisory role. Or even as a minor legislative body for stuff thatā€™d be too ā€˜day to dayā€™ for the Lord Admiral and the other big houses.

Imho it feels a bit weird.

As someone who has tried to run server projects before, I can understand how difficult it is to present a unique proposal, particularly when it comes to balancing not just lore constrictions, but also expectations from the community.

I am supportive of your desire to make a more unifed community! It is something we need more and more. While I personally disagree with a military governor, for reasons already pointed out, some constructive feedback Iā€™d suggest could be something along the lines of an -ambassador-. Someone who perhapsā€¦I donā€™t know. Negotiates with KT to figure out what aid the Alliance can lend. They donā€™t have direct control, but act more of a facilitative way. I can see this playing out with guilds where this ambassador works between guilds, but doesnā€™t dictate.

Not trying to suggest your idea is terrible of whatever, just giving my two cents. ^.^ Kul Tiras definitely has problems and even if a military governor doesnā€™t work, that doesnā€™t mean the project itself isnā€™t worth trying!

6 Likes