Animated robes

Do you think we’ll ever get animated robes??? Its 2022 these sleeping bags are getting ridiculous

5 Likes

Probably not.

I dk they are better than they use to be ,at least the move smother .

1 Like

Nope, all armor is painted on to your character. The game engine needs to be re-done entirely to allow that. You can zoom in after transmogging anything on your char like a chest or something and you’ll realize why its not animated, its part of your chars model.

3 Likes

Use less starch when doing laundry. It helps with stiffness.

3 Likes

We can’t even MS Paint our armor and you want something as fancy as animation?

1 Like

better than the hover cloaks that tailed races have, that just…float a good foot away from the model lol, it’s REALLY bad on the taurens

I doubt it, the current TMOG style is to have a baseline and than paint over the top of it, which is why every robe looks the same, but with a different colour and pattern.

it’s the same with the current mounts, there are about a dozen mount skeletons they use, which than have a different skin placed over the top and make up the 800 or so mounts we have.

It’s what comes with having a game made on an ancient coding platform, there are limitations and the only way to change it all is to redo the entire game, line by line.

Does it require more effort on Blizzard’s part → Yes, therefore they won’t do it.

If people won’t stop playing cloth classes because of their frankly atrocious transmog choices then there’s no reason for them to change as they wouldn’t be losing money.

Wasn’t it even old when the game came out? Seems like they didn’t expect it to take off the way it did or to last as long as it has so it wasn’t like, the top tier even at the time. I could be wrong or misremembering though.

They don’t even have to go that far, they’ve shown with the tier 3 Darkshore Horde mail armor and leather Castle Nathria gear that they can make a fairly decent looking 3D assets pants that could look like robes while still showing legs instead of grandma dresses, they simply choose not to because by making robes they can avoid working on pants, boots and sometimes even gloves.

It was made on the old Warcraft platform, so yeh, the platform this game uses is something like 25 years old, there is only so much you can do with something that old, so really when you think about it it’s quite amazing how good the game looks.

1 Like

I don’t know why, but I just pictured the labyrinth and this scene when this request was made.

1 Like

Until you’re airborne and looking at the sad trees from above in Teldrassil. anyway XD

Good cause every time I make the LET ME DYE MY ARMOR thread I specifically request more pink outfits <3

2 Likes

I’m not sure I can like this, because…pink. :slight_smile:

PURPLE, on the other hand!!! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Give me the entire rainbow, I like colorful.

1 Like

You’d be correct. Someone at Blizzard said they never expected WoW to last anywhere near as long as it did and therefore never bothered to make sure to future proof it. This is why some stuff like the backpack size took so long to change. Because they never thought the game would progress to the point we would carry bags double the size (or more!) of the original one. Among many other things.

1 Like

I prefer comfortable robes…

It’s insert current year and insert slight inconvenience should not be an issue anymore!

Well I see what you all say, and its true the game is just built that way, but why do npcs get to look so cool and have animated robes, like thrall in SoO or the venthyr dresses??

Guess ill just stick to non-casters, its a bummer cus I love the mage/wizard/warlock class fantasy, but for some reason I never fully felt it while playing a mage in wow for years, It wasn’t until I played FFXIV and GW2 that I realized that a big part of the powerful mage archetype came from cool robes flowing when casting and big spells blowing up in front of you.

Also where are the pointy hats?? All the ones we have are low poly and make you bald.
On that note, would it be impossible as well to have some helmets (and pointy hats ) to show your hair??

And finally, yes, we want pink blizz, I wanna be Princess Peach.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.