Anima transfer to alts

It’s a perfectly reasonable caveat and meant so people cannot get an alt into SL then farm easy WQs or weeklies and funnel anima around.

2 Likes

They are not forcing you to do anything. You are just not given the benefits for not doing it. It is the reward for fully upgrading your covenant.

3 Likes

Personally, I don’t like them doubling down so hard on upgrading the covenant features. But they also give me a lot of anima, and then they give me more anima after I upgrade them.

I barely played 9.0 and didn’t upgrade any covenant buildings then. I only occasionally play this patch, and most of my buildings are already maxed out. It’s not a difficult task anymore.

It still does not make me care about these features at all. I don’t even use them. Mostly because I don’t know why I’d want to and I haven’t bothered to find a detailed explanation outside of game (they really suck at putting information in the game), but also because I doubt this content will last with me and I don’t care about temporary features like this.

But obviously they want us to play with them and it’s really a minor inconvenience to do so right now.

1 Like

As I have no interest in most of the covenant features… this is disappointing. Oh well, one more reason to not spend time in Shadowlands.

:cookie:

1 Like

Lmfao you have got to be joking. Who tf cares if people funnel anima around. It doesn’t hurt anyone or anything.

The caveat should not be there. All this proves is that Blizzard can’t swallow their pride. They have learned nothing.

4 Likes

Anima can be used to get high end mats for legendary crafting, funneling anima would allow someone to greatly effect this for others. I understand you don’t like it, but there would be issues.

That would be a non issue for 99% of players. It’s irrelevant

They are forcing me to upgrade if I want to get the benefit. Ironically, they are putting this in to help people with alts, but those of us who play lots of alts don’t have time to farm the anima on a single toon to build up their covenant, since they are…playing alts!!! (Doh) But as I said in my initial post, on further reflection I will simply ignore this system like I have so many in SL. Blizz is becoming expert in putting things in the game that many of us don’t want or will not use.

Gotta have the numbers that covenants were a success :wink:

Honestly it’s silly to me. At best, should of just been to have campaign/renown capped for that date and that’s it.

But it is their game, they’ll ‘‘shove’’ whatever they want infront of you.

You’ve had literal months to upgrade the sanctum. It has only gotten easier since they started throwing anima at you in 9.1. What were you waiting for?

Hell, 9.1.5 probably won’t be here for at least a month anyway. Plenty of time to spend the 15 minutes a week a few times to do the soul rescue quest to unlock the rank5 covenant feature.

More to the point, what have they been spending their anima on all this time.

1 Like

If you aren’t upgrading covenant features then what do you even want anima for?

And if you cared at all about farming anima you’d already have a maxed sanctum anyways, just for the bonus.

1 Like

With as much anima as we get from Korthia, the souls are the only hurdle left to upgrade the sanctums…

Unless of course, the OP is one of the people that just refuses to play the game

It wouldnt be so bad if we werent super gated on the damn souls, 20 a week just doesnt cut it when that stupid Queen’s Conservatory takes like 40 and 70 for the last 2 steps

Right. They did just make a post saying that the souls quest will start at 20 and be repeatable. So that’s not even going to be an issue anymore.

1 Like

There you go.

1 Like

Oh nice, I had not seen that. Thank you for bring it to my attention :slight_smile:

That is like saying you are being forced to go to work if you want to get paid… You not being rewarded for not doing something isn’t the same as being punished or forced into doing it.

I don’t know. When I heard they were doing this like … a week ago, I was like, “makes sense”. This past weekend I looked around for how to do it, not there yet. Even with just that there’s this sense of “wow, they still don’t get it”. This, like other things, is stuff that should have been there from the start. So when it’s late (or even later) or blocked in some way … yeah, it smells funny … wrong. And Blizzard just can’t afford “wrong” right now. At all.

Sad, but it is what it is. Blizz has used up its credit with people. The multi-year HR debacle just doesn’t play with younger people today. It’s a real problem.

And that’s layered on top of decisions like the very unwelcome surprise limited-time-availability of the brutosaur. That decision stank so badly it still stinks. And blizzard just pushed it through to generate token sales telling people to put-up or shut-up. That kind of stupid ego … eventually it catches up.

And that’s layerd on top of the emphasis on game systems which block, stop, and hold up the player.

And THAT is layered on top of all the little stories about working at blizzard and what it’s like that have been circulating around reddit and tell-all sites where people fink on the company they work for anonymously. The picture painted of the company is one of being past it’s hey-day and is now a not-so-good place to work. (by comparison to the past) Sure disgruntled employees are everywhere … but blizzard is a big endeavor from a big company … people have Disney level expectations for corporate behavior and reputation.

So ----- the complaints and attitudes people have these days. It’s born from a lot of other stuff I think.

The HR issue is completely separate from other issues in the game and people need to stop bringing it up on unrelated (slightly necroed) threads.

1 Like