Anima In Shadowlands

Has anyone else noticed that the Rare events/spawns within Shadowlands are not giving Anima rewards anymore? Is this a bug or a shadow nerf that occurred? Edit: To clarify, the Treasures are still giving Anima, but nothing that is a rare you have to kill is - Additionally, the Rare Events/Spawns in Korthia/Zereth Mortis are all still providing Anima when killed. It seems to only be affecting the 4 launch zones

Where normally they’d always reward Anima, especially when doing the Anima Conductor unlocks.

11 Likes

Following up on this as it’s been 2 weeks without a response.

Is this a bug or an intended change?

edit: If Intended, can you provide the reasoning as to why it was changed post-expansion? If the change to reduce ways of getting anima was not needed or intended during the expansions current timeframe why was it changed after the fact?

Because currently, if this is an intended change, all it’s doing is dragging out an expansion that already is known for having way too much things built/designed for wasting the players time.

Why put more negativity towards an expansion everyone already doesn’t like. People dislike it so much that you refused to make it the new player experience which was the typical move for the previous expansion, that way you could state it was still “current content” as the new player was using it to level up.

5 Likes

I think this is also a good place to state that there are still a lot of things within Shadowlands that require 3 or more players to activate. Can these be reduced to the solo player?

Additionally, can a sign or an improvement be made to the mob “Consumption” within Korthia? Players hated this mob even during Korthia’s active days as there was nothing denoting to a player to keep Consumption alive until he hits 40 stacks twice. It was a headache back then, as you could just reset the mob and then tell the new player to wait. But now consumption just gets nuked and there is no way of telling the player before it dies. Also no way of telling another faction player to stop either and let’s not forget about the greivers who are going to kill it anyways just for the “lolz”

Edit: Also, can we finally go away from the “You can only ground mount” within the Maw and Korthia? Heck I’d take 150% flying over just ground mounting. Its an annoyance. Something designed just to waste the players time by making them go up and down mountains and spend more time traveling. Granted that traveling on a mount is an improvement upon what the Maw originally launched as… but still… We can improve the game and make it better instead of keeping the “everyone suffered then, so everyone must suffer for all time” mentality.

5 Likes

Posted in wrong thread. Lol

Anima is just really hard to get in general when going back to it as legacy content, you need SO much of it,
Would still really like to see it added as a reward from torghast, maybe like 100 per level
so a clear of floor 3 would give you 300, 6 for 600, and so on, it would at least give a reliable way to farm for it

4 Likes

With everything in Shadowlands requiring Anima, why would they make it more difficult to get? I noticed this when I killed a few rares in Zereth Mortis after 10.2. It boggles my mind. I mentioned in the Gen mote thread that I came back during the later half of the Korthia patch but I still have a lot of grinding to do in Shadowlands.

The whole story was about restoring anima flow to the shadowlands so why has it been made more scarce?

6 Likes