Anduin with PTSD. What am I missing?

Back to insults then.

Nothing you wrote in your little fanfic there carried any sort of value.

There was nothing worth saying beyond that.

Then say nothing.

Showing a character trauma doesn’t have a place in video games? Based on what?

Though whether there’s a place for it or not is different from if someone has suffered something traumatic.

2 Likes

Nah, think it was worth letting you know that your argument holds no value to anyone.

It seems that I’ve triggered you.

Am I now living rent-free inside your head?

Why not say a few more insulting words? That’ll show me!

Yeah, ‘triggered’ really pulling out all the classics.

1 Like

I hope I haven’t hurt your feelings. I don’t know what I would do. Are you going to be okay?

Seems I’ve hurt your feelings by pointing out your argument has no worth to anyone.

Now you’re thrashing about angry about it.

You’ve got nothing of value left to say, not that you had anything valuable to begin with.

Well, you’re here, aren’t you? You’re arguing against my opinion, so it would seem that it has some worth to you.

What’s truly wonderful is your post count. It was zero before you entered my thread and already it’s at eight. My, how you’ve grown!

But here you are, railing against my argument while making no post, of any substance, of your own. Interesting.

Do you lack imagination to paint a better picture of how PTSD could be incorporated into the game in an interesting or effective manner? :thinking:

5 Likes

Under your own philosophy PTSD has no place within gaming:

I’m fine with portraying a better picture of PTSD, but that’s not what you were arguing before.

It’s funny to see people struggle to cobble together an argument surrounding writing/PTSD and have genuinely no idea what they’re talking about.

Most of the time it gets to a point wherein the person making the argument just starts throwing around gamergate terms from 2012…

Like you just did with your ‘World of Warcraft: Safe Space’ and ‘Triggered’ comments.

Nothing point.

2 Likes

Correct. It doesn’t.

Well now! Dish, dish, dish! Spill the tea, honey! Let’s give it a hear! The floor is yours, sweetie! Go!

Yeah, portraying PTSD realistically is a good thing.

Sorry that bothers you, I guess.

Except it does.
Plenty of games portray PTSD realistically and compellingly within their own narratives.

If Blizzard wants to experiment with that using a central character, sure why not.
There’s nothing wrong with that.

7 Likes

Ooh! I love this! You painted such a vivid image for us all! You certainly changed my mind with the beautiful way you incorporated it into your vision of the game.

And the detail! My! (Wipes tear from eye)

Bravo! Dear!

BRAVO!

Were you expecting me to write out a story for you?

True.

Beyond that, has it been confirmed he has PTSD? This is just a minor note that people keep saying, that he isn’t just a person suffering trauma.

2 Likes

Don’t think they actually ever specify.

1 Like

They way he is depicted and how he is triggered by an innocuous gesture and then responds aggressively are postcard classic symptoms of PTSD. That is largely why he is thought to be suffering from it.

7 Likes

A compelling argument would’ve sufficed but I’m dubious you possess the imagination to do as little as that; much less a story.

We can keep things at your level, if you like.

No it doesn’t.

Nuh uh!

Does not!

Noooooo.

No, it doesn’t.

I think that kind of argument is more your speed. Shall we commence?