And still, flight points frequently make no sense

You can fly with your mount to get over there.

I took a path from the southern end of Durotar to a zone that’s further south. It started flying directly north to Orgrimmar before it started heading back south. It was like flying from Los Angeles to San Diego but you are making a stop in San Francisco.

its to ensure they can charge you the most out of your flight. they know you wont be back for years and they need to live off that 3 gold until then.
:face_with_monocle:

This is a very old problem they’ll never fix. It’s due to multiple reasons:

1. Bad programming.
  2. Deliberately kiting around Cata zones since they originally split the playerbase between players that had Cata and those that didn’t.
  3. Possibly phasing issues.
  4. Pandaria is even worse for some reason. Literal switch backs on pandaria flight paths, SMH.
1 Like

Refreshing peoples brains for travel options:

Darkshore portal in Boralus is currently up for Alliance.
Silithus portal in Boralus.
Caverns of Time, Uldum, Hyjal from Stormwind.
Ratchet port from Panda Shrine.

1 Like

Which is my point. Why program them that way? If I want to fly in a direct line from the north to the south of Kalimdor, can that not be programmed too? The zones aren’t instanced, its one big open area, it can’t be that difficult. If it is based on archaic vanilla systems then alter the systems. Wouldn’t be the first time they’ve done that.

Is there even phasing when on a flight path? It’s an interesting thought.

Yeh, it’s wack. Kind of related…

I would like to be able to cancel mid FP, so that if I decide mid-FP that I don’t want to take the FP, I don’t have to do so once its started.

If the flight ain’t free I’m goin’ on my own!

:beverage_box: :dracthyr_comfy_sip:
Yes, even if it’s only one copper.