Anathema Update is a Joke

Title says it all, our iconic weapon is worse than the azuregos dagger + the Off-hand from ST. Staff should at the minimum have 2% crit, honestly I think it could have gotten a cooler glow up as one of there “creative ways” of keeping the gap close for us and other casters. But instead we get something barely as good. Just really disappointing.

10 Likes

True! it should be BiS.

Couldn’t agree more - I was excited for P4 to get my hands on Anathema… until yesterday.

Ok Ok I got the facts that we are utility now swiss army knife blah blah… I think we will let numbers talk later on when we are further in the phase 4… how completely bad we scale but thats just a thing for another thread or time…

Back to the topic… I expected way more for this kind of staff/iconic weapons for classes… This should be more viable for us in long process , current updates are complete joke and troll in same time, you repeat same mistakes all over again from P2 to P3… updating items from original version with 6 spell power that’s not even a plus as of what we have now as options available and what’s the point to spent time on this “iconic weapon” ?

Ohh ye lets get it for view and pvp as we get stamina and intellect… again pve aspect get the L.

1 Like

Someone argued to me that it has a bunch of raw stats, yeah because we get so much from raw stats XD. You could take all the stamin and intelligence off it if you just gave it a lot more spell power and maybe 2-3% crit

Honestly I see no real reason to get Anathema unless we just get really unlucky with Azuregos dagger.

1 Like

shadow shafted again

We have attempted to coalesce constructive feedback about these issues here: Priest Rune Restructure; Updated (6/26/24)

Give it a read, see if you like it, add what you wish.

1 Like

I wonder with the lack of changes mechanically for the class if they will revisit something like Anathema/Benediction changes as a potential to carry some fixes? Like an equipped ability similar to Legion stuff.

Nah they want our Iconic weapon to reflect how they think about us. literally not even actually BIS and just a side note.

Its almost as good as OH + Fang, so that’s something.

Priests dont have Legendary specific item for them… we have Atiesh but thats again in current state of us really we will be at the bottom in priority… We have one weapon that I am sure every legit priest remember as most Iconic weapon as from design but also scenario and the mission we have to complete to obtain it.

Benediction/Anathema staff need special effect that give certain ability for its specialty you pick. What I see now is a staff that just will be completed for free and stocked in bank for future transmog feature… you have perfect opportunity with SOD to deliver some new unseen stuff but what I see is just following the path and scary of making any changes for priests in general.

1 Like