An Update on Shadowlands

Fricking…

I took vacation. Dates later in the year will already have been taken up by other people in my department :sob:

12 Likes

Can we get a date then? Cant schedule around secrets

6 Likes

Honestly, I wasn’t sure you guys would do it, so this is great to see. It’s the correct decision, and anyone who isn’t a rabid fanboy knows this.

I think this is the first time we’ve seen an expansion delay since TBC.

2 Likes

can I get a beta key tho itches neck

3 Likes

Have all the time you need Blizzard! Thank you SO much for this!

2 Likes

Do whatever you guys need to do, this takes a lot to announce and decide. Overall it’s a great announcment. Thank you guys for putting in the time and effort. This goes to making the xpac great in the long run.

1 Like

Good call.

All those people that were insulting others because they were convinced it was October 6th for the pre-patch are looking kind of silly.

3 Likes

Honestly, glad they decided to do this. Sucks we have to wait longer, but the game needed it.

1 Like

Thank you. This is the right call.

Good call.

Thank you for listening!

Just get rid of covenants and BOOM, problem solved!

5 Likes

Thank you for delaying to make it better.

This was a good decision, thank you.

1 Like

What I don’t get is that they only announced the release date a month ago. What kind of trainwreck happened between a month ago and now?

7 Likes

Good move. We’ll have fun with the pre-patch for a while. Hopefully this provides a bit of relief for the developers and staff considering this already stressful year. :+1:

1 Like

why bother releasing pre-patch then. from what i heard it only has 2 weeks of content. then we will all be bored waiting again and less powerful.

2 Likes

I agree and support the teams decision to do this, but do you have to launch the prepatch on the 13th, then? Guilds could keep working on AotC or CE. If you take that away, why play? Once prepatch content is completed, there’s no reason to even log on.

2 Likes

Thanks for doing the right thing, Blizzard. I’m excited to play a finished expansion!

i’ve taken vacation for past 4 expansion launches and i can say ive never had a bad time at launch. only issue was WoD due to the bottleneck of building the garrison, but once past that it was a great launch period

3 Likes