An Update on Shadowlands

Thanks for taking the time you need and listening to player feedback. It is much appreciated. I also took time off, but I’d rather a polished expansion than a frustrating week of bugs. With that being said, I hope fire mages get some additional attention and we have to rely less on borrowed power. Thanks again.

And what’s hilarious is that people think the pandemic is actually going to affect a 100% digital development company that much. Get real.

2 Likes

If only Microsoft hasn’t released the bug ridden travesty that is MSFS 2020 and simply followed Blizzard’s mentality, it would be a nice polished sim!

Take your time guys, working from home makes things difficult on the developers and all the teams and people involved. Fix bugs, polish up the end game and only release when it’s ready. We appreciate the update, and the effort. As a Day 1 player, I’d rather you get it right the first time. Don’t be a Gate of Silithus opening again! haha :slight_smile:

Great - now give us some more customization options across the board, please.

Especially a solid true black worgen fur - without any white hands or feet or any white on the face. The black equivalent of the new amazing white.

A house is a little different from a video game.

Also, housing projects get delayed all the time. Not ideal but it’s the reality.

Also you’re comparing large scale investment vs a video game.

Lol

Thank you for delaying the release to bring us a better product. I will be patiently impatient.

I 100% support this decision! Thanks for the update!

Thank you for putting the majority of players before the sunk cost addicts and mythic raiders.

Shadowlands doesn’t need to compete with console games and single player RPGs. It has to last years. The majority of sales have already happened and if anything less people playing during launch is a good thing.

Thank you Blizzard for doing this, this is really the best decision.

Thank you, so glad to see the team take the time needed to do what they can to make the expansion as good as possible.

Sorry to the folks who took vacation and can’t switch it around! I’m stuck with you!

So now Shadowlands will have to compete with releases such as…

XBox - Nov 10
D2: Beyond Light - Nov 10
PS5 - Nov 12
COD: Cold War - Nov 13
CyberPunk 2077 - Nov 19

Some people cheer but all I can think is… Blizzard Sh*@ the bed with this one… Forcing Shadowlands compete with some of the biggest, most anticipated releases in the last 5 years was a huge miss and I doubt delaying the game a few weeks will change much. If the game is delayed more than a few weeks, are we ready for months of pre-patch?

No need to be half-empty on this one. Blizzard saying that they need more time rather than do another rush-job is admirable, and should be appreciated (and for the most part it seems to be). As far as a new release date goes I would be concerned if they could give us one right now (after admitting that the expansion needed more work). It would just give them another deadline to squeeze the product out when they have just started to fix things. Who knows, maybe we will get lucky and the pre-patch (class changes) can get some tweaking before release.

2 Likes

Once more for those who missed it earlier in the thread, this time with TL3!

1 Like

They lied and said it wouldn’t be delayed though. If they had said that from the start I’d have no issue. I think they lied to keep sub count up. They also lie and say they “listened” to us. LOL BS they did.

3 Likes

100% support his and the team to take the time to polish and make this a game to be proud of. I know some people are going to be upset, but that is a given when a delay is brought up. I know the team is all bummed they can’t get this ready by the time of the of normal release, but we players would rather you release something we can all be proud of. We are in a rough time period anyways, so take your time and though I can’t speak for everyone I support you in this move.

1 Like

I would venture to guess most people play more than 1 game and are excited to play some of the upcoming releases. I don’t see Shadowlands dropping this year if they expect to make any significant changes.

1 Like

100% the best decision made by Blizzard in years. I think the entire community would rather have a more polished game than having an expansion that feels rushed out again. Thank you for listening to your players, Blizzard. Not only does this show the fact you’ve been listening but it builds trust with your player base once again. Solid move.

5 Likes

Anyone who thinks this will do anything for the expansion? You are deluded, willfully ignorant and setting up only for disappointment. This was at best pre-planed malice and at worst panic. Suggestive that they have no handle on anything.
shadowlands will launch lagging and buggy, you’ll crash trying to quest because a thousand other people are clicking on the same eggs in the same area on a dozen layers. The meta will dominate every covenant and the classes and specs people have been crying about will remain busted
Post your smug replies. Time will only vindicate me further

3 Likes

And your saying that because people cant make a video game they cant criticize it. Pretty flawed logic there.