An unplayable .... -show of epic dimensions

Blizzard Dev-1: I have an idea, let’s roll out honor but not battlegrounds.

Blizzard Dev-2: Won’t that create a nightmare scenario in term of world PvP on our PvP servers?

Blizzard Dev-1: Well, it’s a PvP server.

Blizzard Dev-2: Right, but without BGs, that’s the only place people will be able to get honor–in the open world.

Blizzard Dev-1: Right. So?

Blizzard Dev-2: So, maybe we should open at least ONE BG? So they don’t complain?

Blizzard Dev-1: Listen, so long as nobody mentions Hong Kong, it’s not a problem. Stop whining and let the three-ring … -show begin!

5 Likes

Battlegrounds didn’t exist until after BWL in the original Vanilla.
This is the way it was.

5 Likes

/thread.

Next thread!

6 Likes

Druids could also use polearms at one point.

And the original PvP rewards are NOT the same as the rewards being handed out right now. They were on par with MC gear (except more stamina) and the weapons were worse than their MC counterparts.

PvP rewards needs to be reverted to their original stats, and then the better PvP rewards should come out around P6 (Naxxramas).

Pserver pros who metad wpvp won. They deserve credit. I am going to say Blizzard underestimated this scale of bloodshed.

Other than that I think Blizzard has done awesome with what they’ve had to react to.

Taurens werent going to need mounts! /Gallop

1 Like

See here. The way it really went down was this forum discussed many things before launch. So did Reddit.
This discussion took place 2 years ago. Ya all missed the boat. There was an out cry for a time of no bg’s with the honor system. Just like Vanilla.
You were warned. We told you what to expect. You listened to your streamer overlords. Now you see what real pvp is. It’s war.
Don’t like that? Don’t roll pvp. It’s only temporary anyways. When bg’s do come out most will be grinding bgs and you can finish leveling.
Please though. Keep letting it all out. The tears fuel the war machine.

1 Like

Wow, coming up with this crazy imaginary conversation in your head and then thinking its a good idea to spew it on the forums.

No BGs till Jan/Feb. Quit or go back to retail.

This is false.

Dev 1 : hey, we should put out our release schedule in July so people know whats up.

Wow Zoomer: pepe face

BWL was 1.6.0.
WSG was 1.5.0.

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_1.6.0 BWL
https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_1.5.0 BGs

/bandwagon

:roll_eyes:

How do you get around IRL with sub 50 IQ?

Uh oh, someone just made a mistake

I got called out!

Just tired of seeing these threads. I do appreciate you posting references though rather than call me a retard. Thanks!

1 Like

This is a mistake that was made 15 years ago. They’re not going to change anything now. Just keep your head down and wait for the next phase, it’s 2.5 months away and either WSG/AV or BWL will be released early like DM in about 1.5 months, I can almost guarantee it.

And today they announced they’re releasing WSG and AV soon, ahead of schedule, despite what all of the “experts” in the thread said. Boom.