An invisible Paladin killed me outdoor

Hi all, I am getting this wired thing after I took port from Valdrakken to Emerald Dream: Right after the loading screen, I got stunned be Hammer of Justice and persistent attack in the rest area while I dont see any Paladin around me / guard defending, so I ran beside Saelienne who is the innkeeper and scout around. I was still being attacked by that Paladin and I even saw the Blessed Hammer spinning around just next to me just as someone who was invisible to me and attacking. I was finally killed under his invisible attack and found his name is Blackholyhoe. Here is my question: how the hell did he do it? Is there any glitch that can make a Ret Paladin invisible outdoor and kill players?

Sometimes when your system and internet sequence desyncs. Not only does the game handle it poorly (resulting in lower framerate throughout the session due to data clog) but you also sometimes run into an issue where the first and most interaction-heavy NPC/Player turns invisible for quite some time as they are clogged in the sequence of data transmissiom and engine-draw.

This has existed since WoTLK and can happen on rare occasions.

Even though they have a trollish name I doubt this person was cheating or exploiting but that’s not up to me to decide.

I recall back in the windows vista days having a paladin (ironically) disappear for an entire game session. It was just their nameplate with no name and after an hour or two I could attack they’re ghostly nameplate as normal.

A fix I used to rely on for older hardware or cheap internet is to log out with absolute lowest graphics settings and log in to change them back to your usual preset if it becomes an annoying issue. I doubt it’s this extreme but figured I’d share.

1 Like