An interesting realisation about how much WoW costs

I was browsing my image files and I came across this one:

Imgur

Meanwhile, this is for TWW:

Imgur

So each TWW edition is selling for $15 more than the DF edition.

I am curious: does anyone happen to remember how much Shadowlands cost?

Let me rephrase that as it was a bit narky:

I was indicating Oceanic prices so was after a price check on the expac in Aud (or Australian dollars).

Best I can do is confirm SL Epic was A$67.45 in Feb '22 when I came back to the game.

Pretty crazy $150 NZD for the epic edition
WoWs become quite the expensive hobby.
Buying anything US/EU atm is pretty… dare I say …stupid

1 Like

I think $15 isnt to bad of an increase considering its every 2 years. I’m sure their costs go up enough to warrant a $7.50 yearly increase.

We pay almost $250 each year for the subscription assuming they dont make yet another ‘adjustment based on exchange’ - which I notice they never adjust down when the exchange rate improves. IMO the expansions should be reduced in cost. I have paid for every expansion since Wrath, lord knows how many hundreds of dollars that adds up to. If anything I think a reduction should be given to long term loyal customers. Other businesses have loyalty rewards, Blizzard could do with having something similar.

4 Likes

Considering my ability to hyperfixate on a game and how much entertainment WoW has given me, seems worth the cost. I definitely play it more than I watch some of my video subscriptions.

2 Likes