An FAQ post about Tinkers

With the popularity of Class requests on the rise: I wanted to address some of the Frequently asked questions on Tinker Threads that I see reoccurring all the time.

• Are Tinkers Confirmed?

Unfortunately, No. Despite a large amount In game assets existing already, Tinkers are not confirmed to the be in WoW: Shadowlands.
This doesn’t mean they won’t ever happen, just that they won’t be coming until at least 10.0

• What Evidence is there?

Despite existing Assets for Tinkers already existing in World of Warcraft, there are some other examples that suggest their addition may be on the way:

1. Data mining on the tinker Island expedition teams shows us that their Abilities, despite not appearing anywhere else on Azeroth, have costs, level requirements, and cooldowns.
  2. Tinkers were obviously a big deal throughout BFA. They took Center stage in several zones across the expansion. Both War campaigns, and of course, major instanced content. Like Battle for Dazar’alor and Operation: Mechagon.
  3. The New Starting Zone, Exiles Reach, Has representatives for a Tinker class on Each faction. A Gnome (For Allies) and a Goblin (For Hordies). Every NPC on that Island represents an existing class except these two. These fully Voice-acted NPCs have several lines of Dialogue each about how their Technology and Intellect is superior to any existing class.
  • But Why Tinkers?

Mostly for preexisting reasons. Tinker assets already exist in game, And the previous 3 classes have all drawn directly from Warcraft 3 Hero units.
Tinkers, of course have a Hero unit in Warcraft 3 to draw ideas off of, as well as several NPCs in WoW.
As Such, Tinkers also conform into existing class design philosophies and won’t require blizzard to completely reinvent the wheel for class design.
Tinkers easily fit as Ranged DPS, Healers, and Tanks, Just looking at the Island Expedition NPCs for inspiration.

• TL;DR

Tinkers would be an easy to implement class that would fit into WoW’s current class design Philosophy, they would provide rolls that are in High Demand by the community, and they would be easy create since many assets and abilities for the class exist already in game.

Thanks for reading~! <3

5 Likes
  • they don’t exist

The end

4 Likes

From WarCraft 3, all the way through BFA.
They did Exist, Have existed, and will continue to exist.

I just think they should be represented as a playable class.

1 Like

I said the END

1 Like

You forgot: they suck.

4 Likes

Reason to make a Tinker class: Literally none.

Waste of a class spot. There is plenty more entertaining things they could do for classes than come up with some super niche Engineering class as a playable fleshed out one.

1 Like

I’m still down for tinkers. Shadow hunter is pretty unlikely and tinker is another class I want. I played holosmith engineer in gw2 and rp my argonian on eso as a sorcerer artificer. He even built his own mechanical wolf mount

2 Likes

With how epicly they’ve been failing at balancing covenants in light of how they’ve almost completely ignored fixing issues with baseline classes…

I hope they never introduce a new class until they figure out both how to math and where to properly allocate time for development.

https://i.imgur.com/hn5ApVg.png

1 Like

What a dream it would be if devs could balance the classes we already have

:woman_shrugging:
If you don’t like them, that’s not a reason they shouldn’t be added. Other folks do like them.

Besides, I’m explaining why they’re likely to be next. Not that they absolutely have to be the next thing. Just that they’re likely.

That’ll never happen. This game has been an unbalanced train wreck for 16 years, new classes or not.

Do you have any reasons that they aren’t likely?

let’s have a thread like this about pasta mages

Tinkers are not a class. They are a profession.

Never understood why people keep asking for Tinkers.

1 Like

Engineering is a profession… Not Tinker. Tinker would be a Class
An Enchanter is a profession, but a mage is a class
A Skinner is a profession, but a Hunter is a class.

The Engineering Profession doesn’t have the Tinker Abilities from Warcraft 3, and doesn’t fulfill the fantasy of a Tinker Class.
Therefore, People want a Tinker class. which would fulfill that fantasy.

3 Likes

You make a good argument and I can’t think of a logical way to refute it. So you’ve convinced me that Tinker can be a class.

Still don’t like it, though. Nothing combat related to a Tinker. Kind of like making a class out of a wallpaper hanger.

2 Likes

lol I love the Tinker posts, I hope Blizzard add them at some point.
They are the last class (that’s realistic for us to get) that I really want in WoW, hope they add them one day.

1 Like

If you do Warfronts you fight a team of Goblin Tinkers as Alliance. They have plenty of Combat stuff for all three roles.

1 Like

Not necessarily. Like I said above we’ve already seen them on Island expeditions. They build turrets, they tank in a mech suit, and heal their allies.

Hell, look at Mekkatorque from the BoD Raid. He’s clearly a Tinker and he’s more than capable of fighting.

I just think Evidence is mounting to a point where I can safely say “It’s probably gonna be a new class”

1 Like

Wow, you really want Tinkerers… I mean I support the class idea but… wow.

1 Like

I’ve got a Passion, What can I say?

I believe it’s a likely scenario. So I drum up Hype.