An Apology

So…again…here I go correcting things, but…

Is “A disorder in a child marked by defiant and disobedient behavior to authority figures.”
You are using that wrong.

If you are talking about people who think others are fighting against them (what I was just talking about with me correcting that other statement) then you might want to look into something else.

Curse you for making me want cheese dogs.

1 Like

Gentarn in with a good take. People don’t start off as bigots, and they don’t become so in a vacuum. This story actually reminds me of Daryl Davis. If y’all don’t know who he is, I’ll save you the trouble of looking him up.

There’s a moral to this story. Are you looking to make an actual difference? One to one personal interaction. Shouting people down and belittling them is not particularly likely to make them change their ways, it’s setting up an “us vs them” mentality and forcing them into echo chambers, which is really where the violence festers. Keeping them in the conversation and showing them a better way won’t do that.

If someone issues an apology, one that at least has a chance of being genuine instead of a “sorry not sorry”, I say take it and just hold them accountable. Keep them on a good oath, gentle correction if they veer off. Definitely don’t do 300 posts of patting each other on the back for “I’m so clever, gottem” posts.

When making a post in a thread like this, try waiting a minute, rereading it, and asking what the post is supposed to accomplish. Rapid fire back and forth a like this rarely go anywhere useful, and certainly aren’t going to resolve anyone’s ignorance. If you think someone is trolling and their ignorance isn’t going to be changed, ignore them, don’t engage, at that point you’re just giving them a platform.

9 Likes

You’re welcome.

I like nacho cheese on 7-11 hotdogs.

The dude issued an apology for his actions.
At this point, it’s just sad that so many of you are out here calling him a bigot. He has changed his view and apologized. That is the opposite of bigotry. Now you are the one stepping out of line and refusing to move on over a bad joke someone made and apologized for. Says a lot as to who you are.

1 Like

So far in this thread, i’ve seen someone say that having an off-color sense of humor is evil.

People are using their race and sexuality to validate their stances.

Americans are insufferable.

I’ve seen someone say that jokes about certain people, demographics, sexualities, will entice them to commit murder.

That someone coming out publicly to apologize (When they had no reason to), their apology is insincere.

We’ve got walls of text.

That just because someone thinks differently or has a different political standing, their points are invalid.

We’ve got grudges (This isn’t a problem, I just find it entertaining).

And somehow, this thread has gotten political.

(^he’s right, this has devolved into politics)

Boy, am I glad that the select group of people on this forum don’t make the rules of the game. But to be honest, i’m getting excellent entertainment out of this thread. Some guy comes on to apologize, only for people to spit acid at him.

I have to say, even Antifa couldn’t cause a dumpster fire as entertaining, hate fileld, and misdirected as this one. The best part is that all the people I’ve quoted except for Echelon have got something in common. And I’m absolutely loving it.

I can only imagine the people seething behind their screens because they’re offended, and wondering why calling someone a “Racist, right wing, bigot” isn’t changing them.

Either way. :popcorn:

Edit: Also, OP, for what it’s worth, in my mind you’re absolved. :+1:

3 Likes

We have no idea whether he done anything of the sort. Because it’s been roughly 72 hours since the apology, which is not enough time to demonstrate any kind of changed behavior.

The fact that adults continue to view “making an apology” and “changing the behavior” as the same thing is why the divorce rate is so high.

1 Like

haven’t you compared trans people to aliens and talked about how evil BLM and antifa is alongside your oh-so-hilarious sexual assault joke thread

2 Likes

It’s weird how you used Wolf’s example and not the alt-right chuds doing the same thing with their own permission slips, and then devolved into using all the same points but I’m really thankful for the recap.

So three things could be happening here
A) I think everyone is children and thus it fits.
B) Grabbing the little blurb on the side of Google and not any of the studies, articles, updates and dissertations about it being seen in adults with ADHD in an attempt to make yourself look smart actually makes you look ill informed.
C) Haha it was just a dark joke dude I dunno why you’re putting so much effort into this smdh its just words

OP literally posted racial memes and apologized.

I’m half black.

Almost like their target apology audience was someone who is part of the black community and not for someone to defend them on their actions.

Apology not accepted. The end.

/chomp
:popcorn:
Keep it coming, keep it coming! Also, where’s the thread you speak of?

it got deleted because you’re awful.

1 Like

The divorce rate is so high because people like you are incapable of accepting an apology and moving on. When and if he continues his behavior that’s one thing. But as of now he is being the bigger man. Y’all are just harping on him because of your own lack of ability to be an adult.

Grow up.

1 Like

I think it’s written in the Codex of Debate Rules that you can call it once one side starts pretending to be ironically detatched from the argument.

Also it’s hilarious that this thread is now being mass reported so it gets auto-locked, and only seems to coincides timewise with when all the chuds started going “W-well I’m outta here, I never cared anyway.”

Well, I sure can’t apologize for something I didn’t do.

/chomp :popcorn:

It’d be nice to see the thread though.

Did you even read my earlier post?

If you going to drive-by from Tichondrius yelling cold takes out the window, you can at least catch up on the argument.

Well
A) Very possible, maybe not kids but younger.
B) I am not about to link studies and articles for something that can be summoned up like google did nicely. You really dont need to write a lot to explain something.
C) God I hope so…

Can I implore you to reread the thread? I don’t know anything about the OP aside from there being an apology for their guild/group’s behaviour (them partaking in it obviously as later posted screencaps demonstrate). My final verdict was “the apology is out there at least, two weeks from the timestamps in the screencaps are a little hard to believe that BIG CHANGE has occurred, but I hope they hold to it”.

With the obvious underline that “this stuff is never okay or cool and is surface level harmful with potential to get even worse”. Did I call Ruinala a bigot? No, not directly but if anyone wants to take it and run with it and apply it to them based on the company they keep and interacted with? Sure. I dont mind that much. But there’s clearly something there keeping Ruinala from going off the deep end and doubling down because even if it’s in response to the screencaps coming out (rather than getting ahead of them and just fessing up first). So that’s good.

Oh is Vavelva that guy? Oh no.

Also no, to be fair I think everyone shifted away from the OP specifically to the imgur album. Ruinala was there in the album but there’s plenty of others. Then that broadened out even more to just very generally speaking when it comes to behaviour and mindsets like that.

1 Like

I’m a wyrmrest player too. Just haven’t bothered to change my active character.