An apology to the Mistweaver Monk community

I have made a severe and continuous lapse in my judgement. I have made statements regarding fistweaver and mistweaver where i stated that mistweaving should be removed to make more room for fistweaving talents.

Looking back i understand this was a selfish request. I need to work on understanding others and i cannot be so focused on my own playstyle.

I hope i have not caused to much misfortune, i will be taking a break from the monk forums to focus on improving myself and my mental health. I hope to come back and speak with you all soon

I apologize, thank you for holding me accountable for my actions

19 Likes

Blink twice if you have a MW pointing a gun at your head.

47 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m a pure ranged MW. I have dabbled in FW in a raid environment for fun, but itā€™s not my cup of mana tea. I enjoy soothing mistsā€¦ quite frankly, I find it soothing to heal with that spell. I really enjoy ranged Mistweaving. I hope they never change it. I will either be forced to play a different class over forcing myself to play a style, that Iā€™m just not a fan of. No offense to Fistweaving, they are great. Seen the video, but if you donā€™t likeā€¦ you donā€™t like itā€¦

12 Likes

I too like to have some high keys as ranged MW.

It would be nice to have viable ranged damage else ranged MW is contributing even less ā€˜utilityā€™ by having 0 damage.

A healer with no lust, no brez, no damage = liability for high keys.

5 Likes

I was completely joking, i still believe caster mistweaver should be 100% removed

FISTWEAVING :clap: SHOULD :clap: BE :clap: MANDATORY :clap:

19 Likes

Hereā€™s a an interesting compromise idea:

• Convert the entire Mistweaver tree into a ā€œdeal damage to healā€ playstyle.
  • Left side of the tree is melee (similar to current Fistweaving).
  • Right side of the tree is ranged (leveraging Crackling Jade Lightning and/or numerous other abilities that monk NPCs have used throughout the years that we monks have yet to access).
  • Middle of the tree is for benefits which both ranged and melee styles could utilize (such as buffs to Renewing Mist, Enveloping Mist, Essence Font, etc).

Whatā€™cha think?

3 Likes

I donā€™t heal but this was an epic gotchaā€¦ I donā€™t even heal and I fell for it.

But stop the clapping emotes, this isnā€™t twitter.

7 Likes

BUT :clap: THATS :clap: THE :clap: POINT

6 Likes

Gross.

Now Iā€™m just confused, what in the world do you mean convert the entire tree if you are still using normal healing mechanics.

1 Like

Fistweaving still leverages Renewing Mist, Enveloping Mist, and Essence Font. ā€œDPS Mistweavingā€ could do the same.

An apology on the internet? Sounds like youā€™re under duress by a monk.

1 Like

Sounds like a logan Paul apology lol.

Iā€™d argue that all healers should be like fistweavers in that they do damage to heal while using CDs for concentrated bursts of damage.

They should just give monks 2 healing talent trees already and stop this 2 seperate paths in the same tree nonsense

1 Like

What truly matters is that youā€™ve realized that your words have weight and your actions have consequences, we of the caster mistweaver community are very pleased by your sincerity and wish to let bygones be bygones, and turn over a new leaf.

Feel free to pick up your family by the monastery, they are free to leave.

7 Likes

Problem is, the core rotation is still the same for both playstyles* so one or the other is gonna have to be made from the ground up.

I can only make sense of your antics if you are a child. Otherwise, Iā€™m confused.

Thats the joke my dude

:clap:N :clap:O :clap:

1 Like

So the intention and design of a talent " tree " is to literally have multiple paths.

Man I love the comments on these forums.

Yup. Not too many people even address this. At least 1 expansion to make it, and then theyā€™ll spend at least 2 ish expansions ā€œfineā€ tuning/changing it only for one to fall behind every time. ( look at holy / disc ) Disc had to be remade from the ground up when they dropped most of the toolkit they shared with holy around Cata.