Amirdrassil - Worst Raid to heal in a long time

So, maybe a good chunk of my feeling, comes from being a Holy Priest. Almost everything is hard burstdmg and what do i have? A 8 second Hymn, a Salvation that slowly ticks the raid up and the only thing one could consider “burstheal” by a far stretch, is dumping 4 AoE holywords if you have 2 procss banked… That in combination with the constant moving this tier already feels horrible if you have to hardcast. But this is not supposed to be about Holypriest.

• The healingpatterns suck - but i guess Specs with strong burst heal don´t feel that way. It´s still a horrible design if you have to top ppl in a bunch of seconds or else a followup mechanic kills players.

• My “hate” mostly and specifically goes to Fyrakk:

The dev that decided it´s “fun” to dispell on CD should get fired. And that´s not even all. As a healer, you have to watch the frames most of the time to spotheal save people. Accounting that, normally healers get excluded by some mechanic. For example, Rashok leap comes to mind.

But what the “intercourse” is wrong with the encounterdesigner of Fyrakk? We have to dispell on CD, while keeping the raid alive while playing EVERY of the (imo) too many mechanics and also have to participate in the private aura macro poop since we are not excluded by any mechanic. And not only we do not exluded by anything, we get the horrible on CD dispells on top and are expected to run around all the time to play all the mechanics. Wanna have a dispell heavy encounter? Do it like “The Nine”.
This is just too much and puts an enorm strain on healers this tier. I never had less fun healing, than this tier.

Homing orbs on Smolly? Let it target healers, it´s not like they have to, you know, heal the dmg, position for pools and do everything else.

• Private Auras themselves

Stop designing encounters for the 1%. It´s just bad and dumb design to have to nerf encounters countelss times to make “normal” raiders be able to clear it. If the RWF is done in a few days, let it be. Still less than 700 Fyrakk kills - the metric speaks for itself.
Private Auras were the worst thing that got introduced in a long time. Just get rid of it and design encounters accordingly.
You design mechanics like Heart on Neltharion that is actually not solvable with some coordination from a WA and then the players have to work out the WeakAuras. It´s soooo much fun to loose a full raidday to make them running for everyone. If you have stepin the next day, that player has non working WAs and again you loose time.
How about you let us play the game instead of fiddling with WAs?

• Healing frames for adds

It´s fine to design healing encounters. But if you do so, you should implement ways to see what you have to heal way better than you did this tier…

• Visual clarity

Nymue… Smolderon… Tindral… I don´t even feel the need to explain this. Everybody in their right mind see what utter garbage the color schemes are.
You really think it´s a good move to make encounters hard by making mechanics hard to see?

Imo, Vault was (with some other shortcomings) an awesome raid, i really had fun. I really loved Kurog (not talking about Dathea…). But it went downhill in S2 and got to a historical lowpoint in S3 now.

This is not coming from a RWF / famed raider but around worldrank 900-1000 CE player - just for context.

Reflecting, i don´t really think it´s a “git gud” angle. Objectively i´d say, it´s valid points. And this design direction has to change.
DF S3 was the first Tier (playing since end of WoLk) i considered quitting for good. Guess i´ll put my hope into TWW.

Thanks for your time.

1 Like