Amirdrassil Seems Fine

BFA was basically a check Blizzard wrote but would never be able to pay, written by someone purely to spite someone else by dragging sylvanas through the mud. They never really had any choice but to try to get us to hand that check back and tacitly agree it was never going to be cashed.

Yeah, I will confess that I was more focused on the spooky train part of the idea than anything else. :grinning:

It was pretty much the most one sided rivalry in WoW history. I know hating the Forsaken was literally the only thing the Worgen had going for them but maybe we could focus on idk. Them being kickass Victorian werewolves.

Instead of being vaguely Victorian furry lapdogs for boring humans and barely acknowledged enemies of the spooky ones.

Because seriously the great Worgen Forsaken beef was just;

1 Like

That was the most dismissive and foolish thing I’ve read in a while, something which would require ignorance of the story or gross personal offense to actually believe.

Like, my guy, both sides were involved in the matter, both sides had a vested interest in the land in question, just fluttering in like that and claiming, “Oh, well we don’t think about it at all,” is just completely ignoring that the conflict there has been going on for years and the ownership of the territory in that time has been at best vascillatory.

Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

There’s not enough dead elves in Amirdrassil for my tastes. So sad they had to make it a sanctuary.

I mean I haven’t seen any huge active players in Amirdrassil on my server due to being extremely quiet.

As far as Gilneas goes, it is okay for Forsaken to be chipping in on reparations and reconstruction. It is okay for Forsaken to still have some sort of grudge against Gilneas, it is okay for Gilneans to have a grudge against Lordaeron, it is okay for the two to be pensive neighbors who are not necessarily at war but would rather put hostilities behind them while that peace is occasionally undermined and people who would rather peace than war have to work that much harder to preserve it.

Complexity is what makes stories interesting. I say this as a Worgen fan and player. I don’t think I could envision the two of them having some sort of spooky train running between their capitols unless trade becomes incredibly necessary. But I can see, over time, the two of them becoming less aggressive towards each other, especially if Forsaken continue to mend the bridges that Sylvanas broke in earnest. To be honest, I was disappointed we didn’t see more overt Forsaken aid in the form of cleaning up blight with blightbeasts as a gesture of good will.

2 Likes

I’m a huge Kaldorei aestehtic fan and I must admit, for me Amirdrassil has dropped in quality, compared to Teldrassil in almost every aspects. Amirdrassil gets extra points for looking good from afar. It’s finally looks like a real tree, not a trunk like Teldrassil. I love all Ardenweald influence. I don’t hate putting a tree on the dragon Isles knowing the story of friendship between night elves and dragons. However, this is where the advantages ends. Almost everything that makes Teldrassil special in my eyes is gone.

The city on the treetop was moved under the roots. Which screw up in my mind the concept of a race called “children of the stars” who want’s to be closer to their goddess.

Purple, brown and dark green colors characteristic for the Kaldorei homelands were replaced by light green and blue.

Teldrassil was almost constantly in twilight and night atmosphere even during a day, while Amirdrassil it seems to be in constant sunlight. Which is strange for a race that living a nocturnal lifestyle and worships the moon.

No proper Temple of Elune.

In Darnassus we had a large part of the city devoted to numerous residential buildings. Bel’ameth resembles more a small village that can be found somewhere in Val’sharah, not a proper city.

The whole zone has a to much heavy Druid/Emerald dream themes. Even though nature is an important part of the night elf culture, in Darnassus they’ve managed to balance it without overwhelming the rest of the NE heritage.

Placing the new house of a race that was always associated with dense forests in a zone called plains also lowers the rating of this place in my eyes.

What makes me really angry, the amazing blue star skybox seen from Amirdrassil branch is criminally unused. If you don’t have a flying mount you won’t see it at all. There is no teleport or walking path to the treetop. In my opinion, this is what the sky should look like in entire zone. Or at least they should use the space in the treetop to build there a temple of Elune or portal to Ardenweald. Make this place more importnat and easier to access.

7 Likes

Most night elves are dead. and the temple in Valshara exists. There is no need building a new one anymore.

Before Darnassus was constructed, the Kaldorei spent some 10,000 years without a major temple to Elune in Kalimdor. It was more aberrant they suddenly decided to take back up highborne architecture to build one. I put that down to Vanilla being Vanilla and having quicksand for lore.

8 Likes

Where do you see this? :dracthyr_tea:

Teldrassil. OH wait :smiley:

Yes sure. So it’s a bad source :dracthyr_tea:

We have many moon temples in the game. We have them in Val’sharah, Broken Shore, (formerly) Darnassus but not on the tree that was created by Elune herself? this sonds strange to me. Besides, they may not need a temple during the long vigil, but the world is constantly changing. The temple in Darnassus have not only religious purpouses but also had political significance.

Most of the night elf cast come from Suramar city, so they grew up and live around the Highborne buildings and livestyle, which is also their heritage. They and other night elves may have changed their architectural preferences over time, but I think they still have the right to call highborn culture theirs, even if they drastically changed their preferences over the years.

yes, but over time I’m sure that their populations will recover. As for Val’sharah temple, it is on Broken Ilses, a still not very safe place, where two major political forces joined the Horde. I think that an island created by the night elf goddesses and protected by their long-time friends will definitely be a better choice.

1 Like

Night Elves aren’t nearly dead. They still are a lot of them and they are everywhere in the world of Azeroth :dracthyr_tea:

1 Like

A claim from the brainlet with no credible source?

I’m shocked, personally.

In a way isn’t the whole of Amirdrassil a giant temple to Elune? The waters under it are one giant moonwell.

1 Like

It was a genocide means most of them were killed that is literally the definition.

It means absolutely nothing in a game like WoW where population numbers never matter and never will

No.

You have very little understanding both of our real world and the world of Azeroth.

Unsurprising.