American Olympic Team

There was a time when we cheered winning gold medals … now we are cheering people quitting . No wonder we are falling down on the medal list . Welcome to 2021.

40 Likes

why are people cheering for people quitting

3 Likes

Kerri Strug landed a vault on one leg and won the gold medal … then the woke generation tried to smear that too and make her out to be a ‘victim’ but she came out and said that she has no regrets and it was the greatest moment of her career. Mic Drop.

20 Likes

The newest rumor:

She has adhd and takes ritalin but amphetamines are illegal in Japan. Russia cried to the olympic committee to about it. They told her to withdraw or be dqd

Just a rumor tho

2 Likes

i only watched the march of nations when they played the video game soundtracks

1 Like

They arent. Simone Bile had a case of the ‘twisties’ while doing a gymnastics routine. The short version of that is sometimes gymnasts lose the ability to orient themselves in midair and tell which direction they’re facing. This can be extremely dangerous and has led to multiple people getting lifelong injuries such as broken necks.

Simone Bile understandably didnt want to freaking die or cripple herself. So this four-time gold medalist stepped down, citing mental health concerns because she needed to get her head back in the game rather than risk permanent injury.

Conservatives promptly lost it and started calling her a coward and weakling even though she’s absolutely dominated a sport none of them have ever paid any attention to before now. She’s also a black woman, so they’re probably extra mad about that.

61 Likes

That would make no sense as it would go by IOC regulations, not the host country when it comes to medals. Now if medicine like Rialin is illegal in Japan I would imagine either the US would be granted a medical exception for the duration of the Olympics just like soldiers on the bases in Japan are, otherwise, she would be subject to prosecution which the US would never allow.

It’s simply a rumor to draw in controversy. We really need to stop shaming people for having mental health issues and honestly be respectful of it.

2 Likes

She is not dominating the sport anymore … it’s all over .

4 Likes

Neither is Lebron James, and he never risked permanent injury or death during his sport.

Simone Biles will be back and winning golds again by the next Olympics. You’ll still be a salty troll online in four years.

32 Likes

There are a lot of conservatives defending her decision also. And what does her skin co—oh, wow, really? Talk about painting with a broad stroke.

23 Likes

Ya at 28… she will be winning medals in gymnastics which she can’t at 24 :joy::joy::joy:

So we should shame the people representing us in the Olympics now?

If you don’t like her actions, go try out for the Olympics and represent the country.

13 Likes

And your point is? She still made history in the sport and accomplished many a great things when she did compete. What conservatives did (see the Deputy AG of Texas or Fox News) was despicable. As I stated in my other post we as a nation need to stop shaming people for mental health issues, even if its something like the “twisties”. She put her health first and the success of Team USA as well which is commendable.

People cry when great artists commit suicide because they struggled in silence but those who openly speak about their issues are shamed. You can’t have it both ways folks.

12 Likes

No, there really arent.

What, are you implying that the people attacking her have suddenly developed an interest in Women’s Gymnastics coincidentally at the same time that a black woman stepped down from their country’s event?

Or have conservatives continued their well-established anti-black bias?

6 Likes

If LeBron missed a 3 pointer and ran off the field crying … people would tear him a new one . Or maybe not in 2021 .

3 Likes

Just passing on something ive seen a few places now. I agree ot sounds super bogus tho.

If she was really concerned about hurting herself she probly made the right call even if it looks really bad. I cant imagine doing the things she does and not being 100% confident in myself.

olympic athletes are human too

She has to compete to represent us in the Olympics… just flying to Japan does not count

7 Likes

If missing a 3 pointer could result in Lebron literally dying, I wouldnt shame him for doing that at all.

2 Likes

Lol.

OP = wrecked

4 Likes