AMD's CES presentation in 25 minutes

May as well wait for am5 chips to come out

New socket board, probably ryzen 6800x with 5nm, ddr5, because right now am4 is already at the end of it’s life time, same with ddr4

1 Like

Most games I’m able to get 95%+ out of the 3080. But I would love to have better minimums.

And thanks to the nvidia buggy drivers, I can’t even in WoW because it won’t let me do higher render resolution without flickering like mad lol.

I say I will and won’t but ultimately my itchy BUY NOW finger wins somewhere.

My 5900x comes in tomorrow… and I’ll have a 5800x lying around… just throwing it out there lmao

1 Like

Why did you decide to go with the 5900x instead?

nice to have the extra cores when I need them. TBH…im still on the fence about the 5900x. I may just return/sell to friends/family.

I use to have a strong need for the extra cores, but work finally got around to getting us “proper” workstations. So I haven’t needed the extra power for quite sometime now. I use to run a 6-7 Virtual Machines (I know 8 cores can run them plenty) but I also do things awhile they’re running the test scripts.

1 Like

there’s nothing wrong with 12 cores though for legitimate reasons though

There’s nothing wrong with it even in excess.

Sometimes you gotta go big just because you can

Plenty of midrange cards exists… it’s called previous generation.

And all of them are inflated - Every GPU in my household is worth more now than it was the day I bought them - even some as long as 4 years ago.