AMD users, stutters? Flickering? Try this!

Since DF pre patch I have had issues with stuttering and some flickering. This issue got worse with the release of TWW.

I wanted to share this because it solved my issues. I hope it helps someone else.

I disabled freesync on my monitor. Enabled vsync and triple buffering. Turned on AMD anti lag and gained about 40 fps.

I was stuttering and flikering a lot and the cause was freesync. I enabled anti-lag in the AMD control panel and the fps gain blew my mind.

Had no clue anti lag even worked for WoW. And it apparently doesn’t if freesync is on.

Also: in case you use AMD FSR 1.0 (in-game) this will cause a major performance drop instead of an increase. I’m not sure what happened here but something changed mid DF and it messed this option up.

Anyway just wanted to share this for the AMD users out there that have issues.

1 Like

WoW’s upscaling has been broken since 10.2, sadly. Unfortunately, AMD’s driver feature for it conflicts with other features I like.

These things are noted in the issues sticky.

That doesn’t say anything about freesync or AMD Anti-lag.

1 Like

What I find works for me is this:

Optional gpu features - off - This has a BIG effect on performance.
SSAO - off
Ray Tracing - off

The big one for my 6700 XT was surprisingly the “Optional gpu features” being disabled. For whatever reason, it made a huge impact and smoothed things out very much.

1 Like

I will try disabling that as well and see if I get even more fps. Ty for the input.

Right now with the changes I made im capped at 120 (besides Dornogal) which feels great.

EDIT: Babyface, thank you I tested with vsync off and turning off Optional gpu features was also a HUGE performance gain.

For nvidia users, this solution also works if you suffer from stuttering.