[AMD] Missing character textures after 9.0

We better start saving for a new build. Next expansion will probably demand new hardware from us.

6 Likes

I dare say a patch within SL might do that, it’s not unreasoble to think of serious upgrades tbh.

Tyvm Rommax!

1 Like

Thank you for the reply, appreciate it!

1 Like

Happy to hear there may be a fix, was trying to decide what foods to cut out of our budget to afford a new MOBO/CPU/RAM for my wife.

2 Likes

The staff mentioned earlier that some of the processors experiencing this (CPUs, not GPUs) haven’t been supported since BFA launched.

I think I speak for most here in saying that, while they made the decision more than 2 years ago to not support our generation of processors, it was an extremely foolish decision given that it appears a significant portion of their player base seems to still use this old generation of processors. You appear to be trying to defend Blizzard’s poor decision by pointing out that they said they no longer support these processors, which is why people give you heat for it.

The issue is that these processors still work absolutely fine for just about any current application 10+ years after their manufacture except some very specific character textures in a 16 year old game, which itself worked fine up until 2 days ago.

Yes, they decided to drop support before BFA launched, but it was a bad decision and given the number of people impacted by it, they need to reverse it. I hope you are right that they’re looking into a cause and a potential fix. It looks to me like they may lose a significant amount of future revenue if they do not.

Edit: Hooray! They’re working on a fix!

6 Likes

Some of these processors are only 10 years old :X Bulldozer was released in 2011 I think, they aren’t really that old

If there is a new expansion. Since they do a 2 year cycle we can figure out the next one won’t come out until Christmas 2022 or early 2023. That is a long time from now.

Day made. That is amazing to hear, hope the fix goes live soon–thank you for the diligent work!

5 Likes

Exactly, if we start saving now, maybe then we will complain about, IDK, Ashes of Creation not supporting our hardware? Still if we get a new expansion after SL we’ll be in good shape tho.

2 Likes

Same problem here.

cheers! Thanks for all you do!

1 Like

Terrific news to log in to! Thank you! My small guild (none of whom have the issue) has been keeping tabs and let me know it was on the “known bugs” list today. A huge relief, WoW has been my escape therapy since a couple months after launch. Hard to imagine going without… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Ugh, I’ve been dragging my feet on a new gaming rig, but I guess I should consider myself warned. Thank you for the update, and for fixing a bug even with “unsupported” CPUs.

4 Likes

At least this is a wake up call for many of us and gives us time to consider upgrades until hopefully next expansion.

6 Likes

Since many of us with this problem are active subscribers, we should all be getting a refund for these subscriptions. They have released a defective product, and a class action lawsuit is justified.

They do not work fine for “any” current application. They may work fine for your current uses, and that’s fine.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking the handful of people here are a large portion of the player base. Calling it a “bad” decision is an opinion, and relative at that. I’m glad they’re fixing it but everyone here should seriously consider upgrading when budget allows. These cpu’s are old, slow, and obsolete. Some other games outright refuse to support them at all anymore.
For me personally I already have had plans to update the last pc running a K10 cpu, just not there yet.

1 Like

Bulldozer was already a weak option when it launched, and yes 10 years old is incredibly old for pc hardware.

2 Likes

I’m not a lawyer, but I don’t think this is the case. And, they said that they are working on a fix, so we can calm down and wait for it.

3 Likes

go home karen

2 Likes