[AMD] Missing character textures after 9.0

We jumped from “I’ll not play an incomplete, unbalanced or underdeveloped game” to “ok if my textures works fine, here, shot up and take my money”. See that passion?

2 Likes

You’re not helping anyone, derailing this thread just makes it more likely to get locked and ignored by Blizz. Please try to be helpful instead of just trolling people.

1 Like

I have a phenom II x6 1090t processor and a gforce 1050ti video card. BFA I could play it perfectly. Currently I play Black Desert without problems and other games with graphics more demanding than WOW. I want to play WOW which is the game I love the most. It seems to me that with the current graphics of the game and comparing others in the market it is not appropriate to take such a big leap in Hardware. It seems to me that if that’s the problem, which I don’t think it is, Blizzard should fix it as soon as possible.

3 Likes

It’s clearly a CPU issue. Check your motherboard specs and perhaps you will be able to upgrade to cheap FX 8000+ without a new MB or RAM.

Good luck. This sucks

This is affecting me too.
AMD phenom II x4 955
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

This issue was reported over and over on the PTR, why has Blizzard waited so long to address it?

5 Likes

FX processors require AM3+ socket. Unfortunately mine is AM3 :frowning_face:

1 Like

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Radeon ™ RX 480 Graphics

Game runs smooth, it just looks like either someone decided to put my character mostly in black-face (except the face) OR N’zoth managed to win and this is all a fever dream.

12 Likes

I wonder the same thing. It’s really disappointing that we can’t get more info.

3 Likes

Same problem here,
AMD Phenom 9850 Quad
GTX 1050

Unfortunately, they did have the minimum specs page up before preorders started.

I didn’t know this, and it makes me feel like a fix is very unlikely. It makes it appear intended.

6 Likes

I have a HDD and I’m having this black texture issue on areas of my characters and on NPCs. Like hair, the tusks on my Zandalari, and fingers of my shaman here. With NPCs I’m seeing alot of black hair suddenly.

Specs:
AMD Phenom X4 965
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

1 Like

Having the same problem. Game runs fine on my Phenom II X4 965 + Geforce GTX 770, just missing textures. Eyes, skin, hair are all black. Was looking forward to leveling a new character and the new customization features. Can’t get past character creation like this. Guess it’s a good thing I didn’t pre-order Shadowlands, since so far the response to this has been to tell their long-time customers that their perfectly good CPU is “below minimum specification.”

I bet the fix for this will be a pre-order available for “Shadowlands: F*** You Edition” where you can buy your new PC bundled with Shadowlands, a la console gaming.

4 Likes

AMD Phenom II X6 1045T @2.7GHz with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030.

Black hair, black bones, black soulless eyes, Black fingers and toes and Black bodies for the Vulpera and Pandaren. It’s like all my characters suddenly want to gaze into the void.

Strange that all those enhanced textures and updates never had any issues, the ptr and beta reported these problems, and it went to live without a fix. Wonder if there’s a metric for all the battle.net users to see how many people this actually impacts. Seems like quite a few.

5 Likes

Yep…Phenom…same thing here.

IF it is on our end and not sloppy programming (something they have a habit of doing) then why are all the armors not only on my account but on every other character I see perfect? It is only skin, hair, and eyes. There are no other graphic issues with my game at least and that includes on PTR and Beta.

6 Likes

It seems to me like the issue is directly related to the new character customizations.

6 Likes

This is affecting me too, using and older AMD A6-3600, and everything was running fine on Monday. I ignored this yesterday, figured I just needed to restart my computer. Nope.

It seems to hit Taurens way harder than other races, since they have the huge horns.

Hope they can fix this.

3 Likes

Same problem here… this sucks. Even if this is a minimum requirement problem, they should be able to optimize the game for low budget PCs, hell I’d still play retail even if they allowed me to keep classic graphics, I’d even find it better for smoother FPS, everything is getting so fancy and heavy for my PC… and now this, god damn it fix that damned problem already, I’m losing gametime

4 Likes