AMD Driver Timeout Crashes

Ive been having this issue real bad in the past few weeks. Ive read multiple forums and tried about everything. Nothing has fixed it as it just happened again. DirectX11 v 12 did nothing either. AMD said this was fixed in their last patch (read the patchnotes) but this was clearly not the case. Im a new player to WoW and have been plagued by this error. Im mostly doing older expansions using Chromie.
The Issue: While playing the game… at any moment the game will freeze and screen goes black. Audio may or may not continue on. A few minutes after the game will appear back on screen but with half of the UI missing. Then I have to redo and restart both amd settings. I have a 7900XT.

What driver? I haven’t had this occur on my 7900 XT since 24.5.1.

There is also a larger thread about this issue ongoing here: AMD Radeon 7000 Series Constant Crashing - #315 by Taurusstrong-wyrmrest-accord

there is a new driver from amd, 24.6.1 just in case you arent aware.

That just came out, and has no changes that affect me. 24.5.1 was the one that explicitly had driver timeout fixes for WoW anyway.

1 Like

The card requires a 750 minimum power supply. I would go to 1.5k and water cooler, but that would be overkill for a game. Of Course you also need 220v to run.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.