AMD Computex Live Stream, Ryzen 9 series confirmed! 12 core ryzen chip at 4.6 Ghz!

the event starts at 7PM PDT/10PM EST

they are demoing the event before it happens, already confirmed, Ryzen 9 series confirmed!

at -38:35 as of this post, theres 4.6 Ghz clock speed, of who knows what chip

Ryzen 3900x confirmed!

its real :sunglasses: and some people doubted it as “Big fat if” :rofl:

Edit: as of 8:20 pm the stream got taken down to be prepared for the stream event

Edit 2: some more info from others before demo stream got taken down before the event

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/btfx7i/3900x_beats_the_9920x_by_16_in_blender_while/

3900x destroys the $1200 i9 9920x by 16% :rofl:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/btfsv7/if_you_rewind_the_stream_it_shows_the_practice/

3700x destroys the intel i7 9700k by 28% in cinebench r20 :rofl::rofl:

3800x 8 core 16 threads $399

3900x 12 cores 24 threads $499 I think this one is the 4.6 ghz clock speed

3700x (the Intel killer) for $329 :rofl:

1 Like

hope you had your kleenex handy You…

The big one is going to be the economy 6/12. That’s gonna sell tons as long as it can be overclocked decently.

1 Like

I expect some new changes on recommending cpus after today :laughing:

Im mostly laughing at the people who doubted Ryzen 7nm way back in January in that big thread

No issues with doubting it.

A healthy amount of doubt is a lot healthier than blind loyalty.

If its good, there’s no need for fanboyism.

Because your distorted memory and need to shill and always be right is making you misremember what was said to suit your prejudices.

No one said that 12 and maybe even 16 core Ryzens werent coming.

We said they werent going to be R5s and R7s. And we were right.

No said IPC wasn’t going to go up. We all agreed it would. The main thing is, does clock speed go up too? We dont really know yet.

All we have is AMD’s keynote… and their Ryzen 2 keynote promised performance gains that never materialized once actual reviews game in.

So far, absolutely nothing you posted contradicts what most of us said.

We all agreed that it was very possible 12 and 16 core variants were coming. We just disagreed with all the shills like you who insisted that they were going to be 12 core R5s for the price of a 2600.

And we were right.

Im not really sure what you expect to change in regards to CPU recommendations. Most of us have been recommending Ryzen at anything below the 9600, 9700, or 9900Ks, and only recommending the 9600K for people who are legit only gaming/dont need HT but want max game performance. After AMD cut Ryzen prices down to almost-no-actual-profit-margin prices, they supplanted most Intel offerings easily. They dont perform as well, but they perform very well, and are cheaper.

And before you trot out the tired as all crap “but muh threadz” garbage - Jay just did a video about disabling HT.

Game performance didn’t even change. SMT and HT dont affect gaming performance much at all. The only benefit is they allow you to do a lot of stuff in the background that doesn’t require heavy CPU usage without impacting your gaming… that, lets be honest, most people aren’t doing. A couple dozen Chrome tabs, Netflix, and Discord dont exactly punish a CPU.

So… yeah. Other than you showing off your drooling shilldom, im not really sure what you’re getting at with this thread.

This is… right in line with what everyone who had reasonable expectations believed would come.

4 Likes

I doubted 16 cores to be released now.

Personally, I don’t think it makes sense for them to launch 16 cores. Their 12 core part would be more than enough to dominate the market. I’d save 16 cores for later once Intel launches something, but that’s me.

AMD Navi is worlds first 4.0 PCIe GPU, so if you want that 4.0 pcie benefits, you have to buy AMD x570 motherboard :sunglasses:

will edit later

25% ipc gain vs old gen|

RX 5000 series confirmed, RDNA architecture

call me when GPU needs PCIE 4.0

Inorite?

2080Ti is STILL ~35% shy of saturating PCIe 3.0…

But hey, Navi, which doesnt come near the power of, or requiring the bandwidth of a 2080ti, is PCIe 4.0 compatible…

Owait, thats meaningless.

2 Likes

They are using Strange Brigade to bench their 5000 series…literally the best case scenario for them.

I love my Vega 64 but that benchmark is useless.

RX 5000 card demo kills the RTX 2070 :rofl:

July launch date

more info at E3 2019

See above. Useless benchmark; it’s an outlier. It’s like judging the Vega 64 on a single AC OD benchmark.

Acer guy ripping into Intel and Nvidia, Acer could become an AMD exclusive if Intel and Nvidia cut ties with them :laughing:

Ryzen time :open_mouth:

Ryzen 7 3700x…4.4ghz boost LOL

Yeah, 5ghz was a dream. There was reason to doubt. That’s 100mhz more than the 2700x.

They’re using Cinebench R20…with an 8 core non-SMT vs an 8 core with SMT…

Cinebench has always favored SMT over HT…and here we don’t even have HT. This is not news.

Why didn’t they compare it to the 9900k? A comparably equipped 8/16 chip?

Ryzen 7 3800x…4.5ghz…PUBG benchmark that’s GPU limited… /yawn

Now I know why they have to release a 16 core chip…

Ryzen 3800x and Navi RX 5700 faster than i9 9900k and RTX 2080 TI in 3DMARK benchmark :rofl:

That you’ll need to upgrade your motherboard to get…but upgrade path right

ryzen 9 12 cores 24 threads 4.6 GHz boost :smile:

so, where’s that 5ghz we heard about?

OC probably, I even said 5 ghz was not a reality

I expect a 4.8 GHz OC maybe, all chips maybe

Radeon VII OC headroom is massive vs Vega 64, this is why I believe it co uld happen

I know i said it somewhere hold on

I don’t.

Ryzen 1 and 2 were nearly maxed out at their turbo boost with no headroom.

We’ll have to wait and see, but I am not holding my breath.

My opinion on the lineup:

3700x $329

3800x $399

3900x $499

They have nothing about the biggest most important segment, the Ryzen 5 lineup. I guess that came after the 7 originally, too. So no harm, no foul.

3700x might be worth it. The 3800x seems like a waste, if overclocking is there on the 3700x like it was for the 1700 was. Unless of course they are so tightly binned and so limited in frequency headroom (like Ryzen 1 and 2) you need to pay out to get the frequency.

Ryzen 9 3900x is overkill for 99% of users. The fact it gives you 50% more cores for the same price as the 9900k, doesn’t really matter since most people weren’t going to buy 9900ks anyway.

Personally, none of these are compelling. Give me a Ryzen 5 6/12 at 4.5ghz for $199 then we’ll talk.

Not counting the outlier of PCIE 4.0 (on synthetics only and which will go away when intel releases their next boards), the difference in performance between like-core count Ryzen 3 and coffeelake is LESS than the original Ryzen 1 and Coffeelake.

So…yeah it will still be the better pick over intel (presently), but it doesn’t blow it out of the water.

12/24? useless for 99% of users.

I want to see how competitively they price the Ryzen 5 series.