Am I the only one who hates the new female worgen models?

I’m seeing a lot of praise for the new models in 8.2.5. I think the goblins are great- polished but still retaining old model identity. I think they did a good job with the male worgen as well and I enjoy the more realistic face options as well.

The females… not so much. Don’t get me wrong, the old models were atrociously ugly and couldn’t be taken seriously. But the new ones are too… friendly? Puppy-like? It doesn’t feel like a werewolf anymore, just a curvy woman in a furry suit. Really disappointing. I think it’s mostly the eyes and snout that make it feel that way to me.

What do you think?

5 Likes

The average dog looks friendly until it gets pissed off and rips someone’s arm open.

1 Like

I’ve never played a worgen character before because of how bad I thought those models looked. I’m looking for a druid race to play, and those new models, especially the female ones, might have me playing a worgen.

So only one? I dunno. But I don’t share your opinion.

And in the case of many woman I have known, to include my wife, that mean evilness (sometimes I rate it lol) comes out of nowhere… Smiles and cuteness and then…wham!!!

I fear no man no matter how big they are. they can just hurt or kill me. I do fear a 5’5" woman though. She gets creative, yeah…it could get much worse lol.

Just hoping they left off voice changes in notes and stuff about this and they are in this as well. the 3 packs a day voice thing gets old sometimes. And some NPC worgen in wolf form have normal voices.

1 Like

What i don’t understand is why the males have glowing eyes and the females have human eyes?

2 Likes

They apparently gave the options to have glowing eyes

I get what you’re saying and I think that it’s the eyes, the male worgen and female worgen models have different eyes, the female worgen’s eyes look much softer and human like in comparison which give them a much more innocent look.

They have a “glowing eyes” option for females, although it is really bad. Just a little gold filter over the regular human eyes that is hardly even noticeable.

Looking at a youtube video of the new skins i don’t see an option to have/remove glowing eyes. But it has always been a glaring difference that makes the males look great and hurts the ferocity of the female models.

Edit: don’t get me wrong i think the new models look great and all but i think this is just a kind of a weird thing that only the Worgen have going on.

No, you’re not. The old one was a lot better. At least so it seems from the side-by-side comparisons.

Well, I wouldn’t use the word “hate”, but it’s disappointing.

heck no. I am so happy they are no longer 100% snarling and look like a freaken angry chihuahua even outside of combat. In combat they gain back their snarl and that’s okay for combat.

I loved and even petitioned the idea of worgen but my god did the females turn out horrible. It was one of blizzard’s worst moves of listening to the community and tried to make them look fearsome outside of combat.

2 Likes

We are apparently getting proper glowing eyes for female worgen. Males also have a few human eyed options as well. It’s just that with the female eyes, the glow isn’t finished yet I believe.

1 Like

Alpha worgen looooked better.

I can’t post pictures but look them up.

1 Like

No i’m very excited, but I do wish they had the options to look more wild or aggressive, but they can’t do females like they do males, even after 10 years sadly. The expressions on the new models however are amazing.

The glowy eyes thing should be changed anyhow. WoW has the ability to create luminous colors on textures that don’t diminish in brightness in darker situations. That is how many glowing eyes should be done. They’d look normal in normal light, but in low light, you’d have these glowy eyes peering at you through the darkness. Would really give Worgen that extra scary factor, IMO.

2 Likes

This is an interesting idea, sounds like it would give that extra look of a werewolf folks look for in the Worgen.

Talk like this is how we ended up with the abomination we’re replacing now. People complained Blizzard’s proposed model was too “Cute” so they replaced it with the rabid chihuahua.

3 Likes

Even the gold-hearted draenei and the humble night elves have the option for a mean face. But not the werewolves? It might work for some classes but for others it’s a big loss of class fantasy. I’m thinking warriors and warlocks.