Am i the only BM hunter who doesn't like pets?

Pets are annoying, cluttering, and just too much to manage :frowning: . you jump down a cliff and they dont follow, lose big DPS, they pull ads, they aren’t very interactive with you. Just overall difficult.

Can we have a talent called, “Prey to Survive”, where we can eat/sacrifice our pets and so we can be stand-alone? thanks!

5 Likes

Lots of people rolled hunter in sod because of lone wolf based on comments from the hunter discord. So i think petless ranger playstyle has a population.

Generally lots of people are not a fan of micromanaging a pet if your main focus isnt on the pet. IE you are not playing a pet spec. Which is why they added in lonely winter for mage.

3 Likes

Many like it. But it’s not the original class fantasy, so a significant portion of long time hunters will always oppose it.

this is already a thing. there is already a lone wolf talent

1 Like

true, if you want to do less dmg than the healers

that’s just marksmanship for you lol. there is NEVER going to be a petless beast mastery and there is also very very unlikely to ever be a petless SV

2 Likes

I always like the “ranger” or “stealth archer” archetypes, so I’ve never been that big on pets myself.

2 Likes

Pet less marksman is really the only hunter spec where it would make sense and you can already play that. Survival without a pet is just a warrior in mail and beast mastery… yeah.

Well they’re called “Survival”, and sometimes that means making sacrifices. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

For MM Hunters. Yes. Pets are nearly useless.

For the other two specs. Okay.

What? Isn’t that just marksman? That’s like going into a pizza store and complaining you hate pizzas.

5 Likes

I think what you want is a new class - the Ranger - which I am onboard with. Stealth dps and maybe a AOE healing or something like Aug evoker.

For one spec and one spec only. Just as melee is available to one spec only, and a lack of explosives is viable for one spec only (if there is any AoE).

That’s less a pet less DnD Ranger option than simply the only competitive way to play MM as it regards pets.

I can see why people would want more than just that.