Am I breaking the rules?

I want to know wether encouraging AV turtles is against any TOS? Whenever I go into AV, I encourage SHGY turtles & then when that is lost, I encourage SPGY turtles & then when that is lost, I encourage recalling to turtle at DB. Other types of turtles down south are rare, but I would encourage those too, if the opportunity came. I want to know the answer because I get massive push back from other players in BG chat.

I am literally mainly paying my subscription fee to play AV turtles, which I find very relaxing and enjoyable. I’d say that is 90% of the reason I pay to play the game. The other 10% is questing.

Thanks for any replies.

You aren’t in violation of any Blizzard policies.

3 Likes

Good to know. Those turtles are the best.

Even a losing turtle racks up kills. I don’t see an issue.

1 Like

You dont violate anything but if a lot of players decide to report you at the same time you may get banned anyways.

1 Like

It’s fine, just dont AFK.

1 Like

What in the Earth Mother’s name would make you even ask that? Of course that’s not against ToS.

1 Like

Being bad is not reportable or most of the players in this game would be banned. However that also does not mean you are immune from being flammed for encouraging a horrible strategy. Everyone is free to waste their time however they want, but trying to do it in a way that wastes other players time is kinda a selfish way to play the game.

He’s trolling again and this time his troll doesn’t even makes sense (since it’s obvious this isn’t ban worthy). I guess he’s expecting people on the forums to get mad because people do in his BGs. Not sure.

4 Likes

It’s not against the tos most people just dislike it and probably dislike you for trying to get teams to draw out an excruciating loss. Most people don’t find it relaxing to have their time wasted with the only way out being to take deserter.

1 Like

I say Squelched but not Banned.

1 Like

I am not trolling. Please play alliance late at night and Q AV. I play in my free time and do indeed promote a strategy that I know will lose the game.

That is why I thought it might be against the rules. I’ve heard before that playing the game in unintended ways can be against the rules. People were giving me amazing pushback in game about it too. They likely will continue to do so when a Q pops for AV that I’m waiting for right now.

I was just making sure I can continue to do this. Not being a troll.

World of Warcraft doesn’t have a ToS. What Blizzard has (across all games) is something called the “Code of Conduct” which, in summary, states that if the majority of the player-base says something is unacceptable, it’s unacceptable.

In addition, just remember, you also agree to the game’s EULA. Among other things, you agree to the fact that you don’t actually own your character or anything else about your account. Blizzard owns everything and has final say in everything.

1 Like

Pretty sure most people who still play AV have you on ignore.

That’s actually a good point I didn’t think of before. Do you know if being on ignore prevents the Q system from grouping with people you have on ignore?

She/He is merely fishing. Likely the same guy who posted on the mage who needed on HoJ.

(It is probably yet another Saqe alt)

You are free to encourage turtles and if your team is ok with that, sure, go for it. But if not I sure hope you join the battle and push towards the common goal that your team is aiming for.

1 Like

Personally, I never minded turtlers because I hate AV. People used to care a lot more it seems. Hey at least you aren’t a flying bot.

Of course. As of this post, I have won 9 AVs to my count. I am exalted with AV & IF & now get Alliance reputation for turn ins.

When we won & when there are attempts to take IBGY or SF despite my words for a turtle, I flow along with it knowing my words do nothing to stop it anyways. (Though I tend to stay on D whenever possible)

The massive pushback I get in game is usually from people who want to abandon turtles, to go under the bridge, to get more honor. Or those who wish to rush south when SPGY is lost. But I also sometimes get massive pushback at the start of the BG when I tell people to keep SHGY “at all costs.”

I also never AFK, I have no reason to AFK. I am exalted with AV & IF. The only rank I care about is Sergeant (to keep discounts). Also, I added this no AFK comment since others above mentioned that. Not saying it to you specifically.

I fully support Ally PuGs turtling. Have the horde either take a 30 min ROFLSTOMP loss against premades, or a win after a 2 hour grind against PuGs.

The day of reckoning cometh!

1 Like