Alts in shadowland and gearing

so will i be able to play more than one thing in shadowlands or is it gonna be awful to gear your alts in shadowlands just like in bfa? does anyone know?

The jury is still out on that…

It looks more alt friendly than BFA but that isn’t saying much.

It’s almost like saying the sky is blue. lol

1 Like

I’m losing hope, inb4 I lvled all my stuff for nothing

It largely depends on your outlook on covenants and if you “need” to grind out every last tiny bit of rep your can with them to keep your rank capped…

When it comes to just gear itself… there isn’t a lot of reliable information on that yet… a lot of the details from alpha and beta regarding gearing has changed drastically multiple times… so it’s honestly hard to say what we’ll have in that regard…

Conduits arent shared–mostly because they’re class specific.

Renown isn’t shared.

Your Covenant anima conductor status isnt shared.

Legendary progress isn’t shared.

Im only playing 1 character in SL. Im good on alts, just too grindy.

1 Like

There is a video out there created by Soul that details what it is going to be like to level and gear up in Shadowlands.

That video convinced me that this is going to be nothing but a grind fest. like BfA.

I leveled exactly one character thru BfA and I swore I would never take another toon thru that mess.

Maybe Shadowlands is the same, I really do not know. But if I had to put real money on it I would say I am never setting foot in that expansion.

Of course my Guild is all in on doing Shadowlands. They know my position on it.

I wish them well while I go about doing what I like to do in the game. That would a lot of Dailys.

Soul’s video covers your first character in Shadowlands. He is going to have a video out this weekend about leveling alts and how it is going to be different.

Have fun.

Have a great day.

1 Like

It will be easier to gear your alt than it will be to play an off spec

Gearing another character is painful

1 Like

Got my DH alt to 190 in under a week doing renown.

1 Like

Gearing to just under 200 ilevel is very quick and easy. That means that the storyline, normal raids, some M+, all layers torghast/the maw/twisting corridors, all of those things are easily accessible for alts. If you wanna push Heroic raiding, high keys, pvp rating, well then yes that is difficult - its hard for everyone to break the “brick wall” of 200 ilevel, main or alt.

if you random bg to the honor cap before 60, then pvp some more. you can “gear alts”.

if youre looking for loot from M+, forget it

Took me 3 days to get the storyline gear to 197 and my alt is 193ilv now with renown 25 with… 17 hours playtime at max level not sure if this helps any but I also pvp’d to fill in the other slots.

But this also includes 2 sets of pvp weeklies and 2 world bosses for loot/anima.

If you have 14+ hours a day to play WoW you should be able to mange 1-2 alts

If you only have 4 hours a day to play wow you probably won’t get to do any meaningful content

1 Like

From 50-60, do a lot of PvP, cap honor. When you ding 60, you can instantly be ilevel 160. It’s also very fast/easy to raise that to 171 within a day, more if you’ve done fate leveling and banked some renown levels.

Gearing alts to a “reasonable” level, is probably the easiest in this expansion it’s ever been.

2 Likes

I have not had loot from a world boss since launch.

2 Likes

This character has been level 60 for a half hour. Check profile.

15k honor in half n hour? how u do that

What a load of dribble. I work full time. Play most evenings from 7 to 10 and I have a main and two alts. The main raids mythic content whilst the alts do keys around the 7-12 mark and the off raid here and there.

I find it quiet easy to do meaningful content.

So you play 3 hours a days 7 days a week. 20 hours total. You have to dedicate minimum 9 hours to be any sort of person that defines themselves a mythic raider

so 11 hours left in a week.

You probably have to spend another 4 hours raiding on ur alts to have any sort of meaningful prog so like 8 hours for both

3 hours in the week left. To do maybe 2-3 keys. Not on all characters just 1. or 1 on each. On ur alts you would prob be getting hard carried if it’s a 12

Ur alts can’t even be considered an alt.

And what about torghast? that’s at least 4 hours+ for 3 toons

That’s is assuming you play 7 days out of the week.

Ur “alts” are more like fresh toons.