Alts get splintered shadowflame fragments from random bgs as well as quest item for the 2 crafting trophies

wait you did either weekly quest this week already right? sorry if you already said so

Yeah no the wording is a bit confusing, but I did both the epic bg quest and the rated bg quests and got 1 splinter.

So what Iā€™ve got is a spark I made boots with, 1 splinter, and nada since. I am pretty sure I should be eligible for a catchup splinter if Iā€™m not wrong but maybe Iā€™m more fried than I thought, I have played a lot of fury latelyā€¦

you should be yea this week you should have 2 full sparks (4 splinters)

you opened the little box it comes in? itā€™s called malvias something or something

looks like an honor box

Yeah no dice - boxes are all popped and all that. Iā€™ll see if plowing through this rep does the trick, since I know that box is also a source for a weekly splinter as well, but based on catch up wording I was assuming you get 1 from a box per week and the rest are RNGā€™d. I am just not catching good RNG haha

Follow up: Finished the rep, still 1 splinter. Wish me luck, eyeballing M+ next

1 Like

Iā€™m having the same issue

It took me hours of doing epic BGs the other night (mostly cause a lot of them were losses) for me to get my catch up splinters on a couple if my alts. I have faith it will happen soon :pray:

I feel so seen. This is the post I came looking for. Iā€™m in the same boat, one full Spark, only one fragment cause I missed week 1 entirely due to vacation. Iā€™ve also done all the quests, etc. Did a full raid last night - no fragment for catch up. I guess Iā€™ll try M+ today and see how I fare there. :frowning:

Update? Iā€™m starting to think that it may be bugged, I got a few other buddies saying they havenā€™t gotten theirs yet. I canā€™t put forth anything personally to that effect yet, as Iā€™ve been going hard into Tears of the Kingdom and havenā€™t logged in since Tuesday to get some neat tier from my vault on my paladin.

There was this note in the hotfix post on GD:

Guessing it was bugged and taking more spark halves than it was supposed to, which led to people being behind with the game still thinking they werenā€™t behind, so no catchup drops.

e: Apparently that is what was happening:

No resolution from them though, kinda sucks.

1 Like

Unintentional benefit for me, I guess, since Iā€™m playing less atm.
Sucks for people who basically got robbed, hopefully theyā€™ll hotfix it again to reward people who lost an extra splinter.

I felt like I was going insane. Probably is whatā€™s going on with me so now Iā€™m just permanently behind.

Well done, blizzard.

1 Like

Yeah, I saw that and thought of this thread. :dracthyr_lulmao:

Some people are just randomly a splinter behind now for no reason.

if you get 1 full spark per 2 weeksā€¦is there any reason to do the quest more than half the time? why not just do the quest on the weeks you actually get a spark, collect the catchup then, and then take the next week off?

i hate epic bgs

UPDATE: I put in a ticket about this and my nice GM awarded me my missing fragment this morning.

1 Like

you can get splintered fragments from pretty much everything. the catchup is super forgiving so donā€™t feel stressed if youā€™re behind because you really arenā€™t.

1 Like