Alternative to Can I Mog It

I have been using Can I Mog It for many years but it was last updated for 9.1.5, still worked as an old addon in 9.2.0, but 9.2.5 seems to have done it in (maybe something to do with cross-faction? I dunno).

The main functionality I will really miss from it is to be able to display whether any of my characters have learnt an appearance on the item icon, regardless of whether the current character could learn it.

So I was wondering if this is also done by another addon that is currently active. My preference is for it to be as light as possible, but I understand that whenever you want to share data between all your characters it requires a bunch of extra infrastructure.

Looks like Blizz added an additional required param transmogLocation to

C_TransmogCollection.GetCategoryAppearances(category, transmogLocation)
2 Likes

Is there a good spot to find out more info on what that parameter is and what values are good? If we can figure that out, we can probably do some find replace and fix manually until the author is able to.

I’d try nil and see if that makes it work in the meantime.

Looking through https://github.com/tomrus88/BlizzardInterfaceCode/blob/master/Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_Collections/Blizzard_Wardrobe.lua it seems the logic might be a bit complex.

1 Like

If the CanIMogit doesn’t get fixed, you could try
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/appearancetooltip

Blizzard changed something with the transmog system, which seems to have broken any and all transmog-related addons. I’d just disable it for now and wait for a fix vs looking for a replacement. They’re actively working on how to get it back up and running ASAP, and any alternative will also be broken until/unless they fix it too.

it was updated today, haven’t yet turned it on to test tho.

Thanks everybody for the info, the updated version seems fine now.

i tried the new 9.25 updated version and it still breaks the wow appearance tab for me, it wont let me search any items without the whole thing being stuck. has anyone else had this issue?