Alterac Valley - what would you like?

No it’s because the other two BG’s were actually about pvp. Not about gathering pve junk to summon npc’s to fight for you.

Oh yeah, now that you mention it I think I remember grinding some exp in the Harpy cave. Hmmm.

And no PVP ever happened in the original AV, right?

In general, those who want a truer Classic experience want early AV.

Ziryus wants post nerf AV, the exact opposite of what most of those desiring a truer Classic experience want.

Is anyone surprised?

4 Likes

LoL wanting 1.12 is not wanting the vanilla experience now? Way to change the bar #nochange

I never said that 1.12 was not vanilla.

I said it was the exact opposite of what most of those who desire a truer Classic experience want.

That is all that you ever seem to advocate–the opposite of what those who desire a truer classic experience want. I honestly do not remember you once advocating anything that those desiring a truer classic experience wanted.

Is it possible that losing your battle to pervent Classic from ever being made has really got you bitter to the point where you think that if you can’t have what you want (no classic) then those that have, for ever a decade, requested that truer classic experience should not get what they want, either.

5 Likes

I agree, the PVE elements may have been too strong at that point of time, but from personal experience, the difference between T0, T1, T2 and T3 gear is really huge - the gear disparity in classic is really big per tier, the following expansions don’t really compare. They didn’t even get to test 1.5 AV with full T1 gear, never mind T2.

It worked amazingly.

2 Likes

Tne PVE elements enabled the most PVP. Anyone saying otherwise has zero experience in the early versions. Lowering their difficulty directly leads to less of a speedbump and therefore less PVP.

There is so much bad information and outright falsifying of what it was like in this thread that it is laughable. And it is the same bozos doing it in every thread on the subject.

4 Likes

On the one hand, I’m #nochanges, on the other hand, AV was changed for a reason. Matches took 10+ hours if it ever popped at all.

1 Like

The reason it was changed is that blizzard listened to those who wanted the path of least resistance to the gear, who didnt give a crap about actual enjoyable gameplay. It became a pattern repeated throughout wow’s history. Anyone who shares that mindset is no friend to classic vanilla.

7 Likes

I think 1.7 was where they fixed that annoying thing where someone turning in stuff to an npc would stand you up from across the map, while you were trying to drink or something. So that.

1 Like

I just want to get exalted and then I’ll never step foot in AV again.

And immediately after that, Ion went on to say that they didn’t want to use their “modern judgement” to change the game, and every example Ion then gave of potentially changing the game involved post-vanilla changes. I highly doubt that 1.5 AV fits within the much feared modern judgement of current day Blizzard.

And at the same time, franken-patch means more development time as another user helpfully pointed out to me. Which to me sounds like we’re getting 1.12 of mostly everything. I’ll be very surprised if we get the old AV (which I’m happy about because I hate the old AV)

1 Like

BGs aren’t being introduced on launch. They’ll have plenty of time to revert AV to its authentic 1.5 state.

It’s not a matter of time, it’s a matter of devotion. It’s pretty clear that Blizzard wants Classic to be a “set it and forget it” venture.

2 Likes

So much so that they are releasing everything at the same time.

Oh, wait…

1 Like

This is correct. Zerg AV happened way before reinforcements were added.

1 Like

He said they do not want to touch the 1.12 data, what do you think going into that data, removing 1.12 AV and rebuilding 1.5/1.6 AV is? I want the older AV, I want that empty Field of Strife in the middle to be full of NPC’s.

It seems very unlikely if you listen to Blizzard’s words. We can keep asking for it and the best way to do that would probably be impassioned recounts of the great experiences people had and why the older version of AV is so sought after, but don’t be surprised if we get 1.12 AV.

Wake up from nap > Click button that releases stage two > press restart > go back to sleep.

Honestly man do you think they have to haul in the next bit of content from the freezer? Lolll. When Classic launches, everything will be done. From that point on it’s just maintaining the pre-defined schedule and dealing with the initial bit of adjusting.