Alterac Valley in Classic

First off, I have no reason to believe they don’t have data from what it was. Nor do I have any reason to believe they couldn’t re-engineer it with the help of the community to be what it was.

A single version of AV throughout the life of content releases isn’t “authentic” either. So what exactly is your point?

3 Likes

Blizzard is competing with the private servers whether they like it or not. They tried getting rid of them and that didn’t work so now they have to actually produce a product. If they stubbornly refuse to give that product I guarantee you it will be the straw that breaks the back of the camel that is the people who stubbornly clung to Blizzard and the idea of an authentic Legacy project.

It is furthermore completely disgraceful to Blizzard as one of the largest gaming developers in the world with so many experienced people under one roof that they might end up being outdone by guys with Bachelor’s in Computer’s Science working out of their bedrooms over Skype - and they’re doing it just because they love the game, not for a paycheck.

6 Likes

I do hope they revisit their decision for AV. Since it’s phase 3 they’ll have time to tinker with it and get it right.

Please re add the npcs :[

:man_farmer:

7 Likes

Outdone? Get over yourself. You not getting the a la carte version of Classic that you want doesn’t mean Blizzard will be getting outdone. And if 1.12 instead of 1.5 is going to be what sends you running to the private servers, then good luck, good bye and good riddance.

1 Like

IDK why people are injecting discussions about private servers into this.

Because it’s relevant. People in the #nochanges crowd have no reason to pay for a cheapened experience when they can go to a private server. Are some of the stat values off? Yeah but Blizzard has admitted that may also be the case for their Legacy servers as well. Private Servers aren’t the holy grail; cash shops, admin clique favoritism, adding stuff that was never there - although some private servers have added cut content smoother than Blizzard ever implemented anything - and connectivity/instability issues abound.

But the truth is Blizzard’s only hope right now is to give the consumers what they want. It’s next to impossible to compete with free. The only reason they’d be able to is brand loyalty.

The consumers want Classic. Beyond that it breaks down into clusters with their favorite features. If some group of players decides that their particular favorite feature is what’s going to drive them away, that’s on them. Whatever the design philosophy behind Classic is, I feel confident in saying that it’s not creating a custom made experience for each player.

There’s no good reason I can see to be stuck with just one version of AV throughout the entirety of Classic.

2 Likes

Well I’m sad I won’t see you in AV at all then, Ziryus – given the goal of AV is to kill an NPC in the first place it sounds like this particular BG won’t fit your tastes, and that’s okay. Thankfully, there’s no NPCs at all in AB and WSG, and I’ll be glad to see you in those. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Yep, agreed, I’m talking to a prime example of one of those things right here.

:wave:

I’m hurt.

1 Like

still beating this dead horse for all its worth I see?

hows it feel to have glue all over your faces :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, we need to obtain our blood and bones from somewhere, since we’re not getting it from AV.

If Blizzard is doing temporary queues for alternate versions, they could happily rebuild an AV 1.5. What they can’t do is use it as the permanent version, because its not the authentic version. They would have to ‘reimagine’ it as best they could.

It’s funny to see him ignore the pvpve design of the bg, which was the fundamental design. The pve elements were not just there as road blocks, but to also be utilized as weapons to forge ahead in the battle.

Because you’re asking for Blizzard to customize Classic to be a hybrid patch instead of a straight port to the new client/server architecture. That’s something private servers tend to do.

They admitted at BlizzCon that they suffered from data loss during Vanilla due to how they did their patches.

1.12 /av is still pvpve it just emphasizes the pvp more than the pve.

I really don’t care if it’s something private servers do or don’t do. Theres no reason we have to be stuck with one version for all time. There’s no downsides to having the capacity to access the old AV, especially if it was a once a month event for a week or something.

4 Likes