Alterac Valley in Classic

I had a screenshot of Alliance winning a 1.12 AV without getting a single Killing Blow. That is not a Battleground.

46 Likes

Sadly, Iā€™m pretty sure the reason weā€™re getting 1.12 av is that itā€™s easier. Itā€™s the version thatā€™s already in the game. Old av would have to be reconsctructed.

Personally, Iā€™d like to see 1.12 av w/ 1.5 av for AV weekends. Best of both worlds. But that would take man hours, which would cost money, so itā€™s not happening.

In all honesty, we should have known this would happen. Every single decision that has been announced has followed the path of least expense. Real servers? Nope sharding. Real customer service? Nope loot trading and right click report. Authentic client? Nope. Modern client with old data ported in.

3 Likes

Sad, but true. Itā€™s just going to be a zerg. People didnā€™t know that they could do it back then, but they do now. So two armies pass in the night racing to kill the enemy General as quick as possible.

Look, players will always take the path of least resistance. Even if it means theyā€™ll have less fun. And thatā€™s whatā€™s going to happen.

3 Likes

Also, what about cross realm battlegrounds? This news continues to push the hard 1.12 agenda which suggests we will have cross realm battlegrounds.

I personally am OK with this. Should keep BG queues way down and competition for PvP ranks more even between different realms.

3 Likes

isnā€™t that the broken version that horde always wins? That got fixed on patch 2.0?

1 Like

Soā€¦ AV with nerfed objectives and no reinforcements.

So Zerg to the enemies general and hope to kill it before the other faction kills yours. This also the version of AV where Alliance can just waltz right into the Horde base uncontested.

Lame.

28 Likes

Glad to hear there wonā€™t be reinforcements.

I played 1.5 and 1.12. Iā€™m fine with this. If you donā€™t want it to turn into a zerg battlegroundā€¦donā€™t zerg.

2 Likes

and then again there would be some who avoid ab and wsg for longer AV because thats what they enjoy, just like Vanilla. There were dedicated premades even up to and after Cata of players who strictly pvpā€™d for AV.

Players will do whatever is easiest and fastest, to the detriment of their enjoyment.

15 Likes

So I dont have the exact changelog dates of AV memorized, which patch was the eternal day-long struggle version of AV where battles seemingly never ended and it was a constant brawl between both teams?

Because thatā€™s the version of AV I want.

2 Likes

Itā€™s more zergy than it was before, but not as bad as it got later on.

1 Like

But this isnā€™t Retail where millions of people are just clamoring to grind honor and buy their gear. This is Classic. This is supposed to appeal to people who want the Classic experience. This BG should be full of people who all feel ā€œScrew the zerg, I want a fight.ā€ Right?

2 Likes

Soooo many people are going to get mad because Iā€™m going to cap Snowfall and do everything I can to prolong the AV matches.

16 Likes

Not true. I always, always, always try and force the turtle in AV by backcapping towers and whatever else I can do.

1 Like

Its a nice trailer. But what happens in game?

Good luck with that. People may claim that to be the case, but those of us who have played on Private servers know better. The mentality unfortunately leaks over to even classic servers. Regardless of the version of the BG.

So what about all the rep and rewards? ding 51 you get your crossbow, your IBS, but what about those of us that wanted to grind out the reps with the teeth, and scraps etc. to get the exalted dagger and other gear? I see no mention about those. The amount of rep you got from the drops were HUGE. How are you going to work with all the items now?? Gotta say its a tad disappointing, I did not want a zergestā€¦it was supposed to be difficult getting to the end general. :frowning:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s what we all should be doing.

Thatā€™s the spirit right there.

6 Likes

Human nature is human nature. And as I said earlier players will always take the path of least resistance. Even if they would have more fun doing something else.

2 Likes

I donā€™t have control over the other seventy-nine people in the battleground.

4 Likes

Cool. So youā€™ll all just moan and complain and blame Blizzard instead of taking some accountability. Got it.