Alterac Valley in Classic

Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

Hype hype hype! Love it! Sticking to all the original gameplay mechanics.

3 Likes

Bummer.

RIP Real AV

140 Likes

That’s great, so long as there’s no reinforcements it’ll feel like classic AV.

12 Likes

Not my first choice, but good to get the information so we know what we’re working with.

When it comes to PvP for the content release plan, I really hope there is a window where we can get some good world PvP going. BGs are great and all, but they start to take PvP out of the world as they’re the most efficient place to farm CP for the honor system.

8 Likes

Gnocchi/broken on suicide watch

It’s going to be okay.

We still love you

5 Likes

Streamers aren’t the only ones who would have preferred 1.5 AV. I’m not even a PvPer, but was hoping and looking forward to getting to have the non-zerg experience. (I had the zerg experience in TBC playing two people’s pocket healer, and it is just plain boring and not a “battleground” at all.)

:woman_shrugging: Blizzard has decided, so all they’ve done is ensure I won’t touch it.

80 Likes

Not saying they are. Just saying that by this afternoon, you know a ton of people will descend on this thread because a streamer made a topic about it.

1 Like

Alliance after reading this thread:

"See you on the bridge Horde scum!"

20 Likes

all we ask is we still have our 2 days AV battle still going on blizzard no timer stuff to do a base race game and be able to summon the almighty elders to fight the war with us and push to the alliance stronghold. :grin: and no sharding or whatever is it.

16 Likes

Thank you Kaivax for putting this one to bed. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My point is Blizzard explicitly stated they were using the 1.12 framework.

Having 1.12 version of AV is no surprise.

That being said, they did open the door to progressive itemization changes in the cycle of the classic patches.

It isn’t people that want 1.5 being idiots. It is those trying to complain that this isn’t “No changes” when it clearly lines up with what Blizzard told us from the start.

18 Likes

We’re here right now, without being sent by any streamers. Our opinions are our own and are perfectly valid. It isn’t fair to try and delegitimize us by saying “you guys only think that because of a streamer.”

Rather than attack, troll, or enrage people, if you are happy with 1.12 AV, make a comment saying “I am glad they are using 1.12 AV because…” and discuss with the community. Let’s have productive discussion.

72 Likes

A bit disappointing, but thanks for the clarification!

46 Likes

Yeah, you already brought up the point I would have…

They already have gated itemization. Gated content with progressive patches.

That never existed in 1.12.

10 Likes

Yes, some people have their own opinion. Some people who watch the streamers will come here and state their own opinion. Some people will come here and spout the opinion of the streamer because they were told 1.12 AV is bad and 1.5 AV is good.

Stating a fact is not trolling.

1 Like

Aww that’s too bad. I started in TBC so never got to experience the early Vanilla AV, and was hoping to get the chance.

88 Likes

I would have preferred playing something closer to the Patch 1.5 version of AV since it was the longest running version of Vanilla Alterac Valley. It’s still better than playing this bg on retail though so I’m not going to complain too much.

58 Likes

Thanks for reaching out to us! Um…it’s a bit crushing tho, I admit. I never got the early AV experience.
So…Basin it is!

37 Likes