Alterac Valley in Classic

Because seeing something to completion is not a requirement to having fun. I’d rather play in a true AV without reaching victory or defeat, over a zerg AV that quickly ends.

14 Likes

Agreed. And I would rather have the static classic version of AV be the one with the most content, rather than the stripped down version. I want the AV that the developers initially envisioned, the one where you were just a small part of a larger battle.

12 Likes

So, when a guild is unable to clear a raid during a single lockout they just shouldn’t even try?

:cocktail:

8 Likes

Those who want to understand what they mean by “clarity” should view this entire video:

Those currently making decisions for classic are the least capable of even understanding what made vanilla great.

9 Likes

We can only hope they understand that 1.12 is a mistake. They are crippling themselves and their game if they refuse to change their mind on this.

Alterac Valley is probably one of the pillars that made the game famous back in 2005. There was no other online game at that time that would have a battleground that opposed 80 players, with objectives, quests, events that could last for hours.

A battleground that can last 5 mins is not interesting at all.

12 Likes

Notice the battleground mechanics part.
Sorry to say to all wishing for earlier AV. I think this debate is over.

3 Likes

Yeah, over a month of further discussion by the community with plenty of support for earlier AV mechanics and we get another post confirming their intention to stick with 1.12. Looks like it’s basically set in stone.

Unfortunate, but I have to agree. Makes the term ‘museum piece’ feel a bit off, though – a museum doesn’t just cover the Cretaceous period, it covers the whole Mesozoic era.

I feel Classic would have best been served to still hold the older versions available, even as recreations and as weekend-only events, than for them to fall to the wayside, forever lost from the game.

5 Likes

Monkey Jesus is still in the lead, being deemed better by blizzard.

3 Likes

If you think I will stop fighting over the version of A.V even after launch … They can make another post saying “No, it will be A.V 1.12 despite what the community says” that I would still argue for it to be honest.

I have fought to get Vanilla servers for over 10 years, I can’t let the thing I was the most excited about to be this stupid, boring version …

18 Likes

Same. It is worth fighting for.

12 Likes

Does reverting npc damage and health back count as mechanics?
I personally don’t think so, either way debate isn’t over.

7 Likes

The whole last section applies to this thread. For all the people saying “You don’t know what they intend to do”, clearly we did.

2 Likes

People have been asking for old AV longer than they’ve been asking for vanilla servers. This fight isn’t new, and will not die as long as people who played in the original AV are still invested in Classic.

19 Likes

Ill be right here with you.

4 Likes

Well said.

A LOT of people agree with you and if you look at all the Dev posts over the past few months NONE of them have nearly the amount of comments/traffic. This topic is not dead and should not be ignored if the Classic devs are wanting to listen to the community. 1.3k comments means people are upset…
Do the right thing devs! Give this more thought and don’t just write all of these comments off as unimportant. You can make a huge statement to fans that you really do listen to them if you make this change. As far as i am seeing this is the main topic for discussion and isn’t going away until it is addressed.

Devs, the 1.5 AVers are not going away and we know what we want. This topic deserves attention.

11 Likes

Only if you look at the pinned ones.

1.8k Replies: Please reconsider your stance on retail/classic reward linking - #1869 by Lyei-farstriders

2.2k Replies: Guild Banks Pt. 14

Given these aren’t pinned, yet have more replies, you’d put them down as more significant? Do you think we should have Guild Banks and Retail/Classic linked characters?

To be fair, Blizz has already responded with regard to the Retail/Classic™ linking.

:cocktail:

You realise that you’re posting on Blizzard’s response to the AV 1.5 request…right?

[cognitive dissonance intensifies]