Alterac Valley balance changes, patch 8.1

Stop zerging North/South and afk’ing on noob hill/by the flag of dishonor, instead loot bodies and turn in crystals/blood/armor.

2 Likes

Do you know how impossibly hard it is to get anyone on Alliance to turn in scraps/storm crystals? Some ppl loot the bodies and then refuse to turn in anything. I’m pretty much the only one that does.

Ally’s armor scraps turn in guy also aggros the second a Hunter pet gets near him and proceeds to die so there is a very small window where we can turn in scraps.

If it’s a game that doesn’t descend into a 40 minute chat room; I’ve found Ally do this just fine. I’ve seen more Ivus on the Field than I’ve seen the rock thing.

As for the change, sure, it’s nice but Horde still have access to both our Bunkers while we have to push through the IBGY kill box to get to TP.

That’s been my experience

They did get it wrong. Can they really be that blind, or are they just making a change that they hope will satisfy Alliance without having any real impact?

How many devs actually run AV on a regular basis? I bet it’s 0 or close.

They don’t know how the place works - and let’s face it, there are so many interacting parts of AV that it’s not easy to understand - so of coure a clueless “fix” results when they try to fix something.

2 Likes

I wonder if horde will get more use out of this change than alliance

Frankly, running by the GY change for the first time…I giggled…“that isnt going to really help.”

:smiley:

The porous triangle of SHB-SHGY-IWB is still porous just maybe not fat Tauren-sized holes but more like more manageable Gnome-sized holes now

lol

I played 5 AV’s total on Alliance side last night, and it seems nothing has changed even with the SHGY change - almost every game is the “same old” beatdown stomp of the Alliance. In 3 of the AV games I was backfilled in and Ally was already down 200-300 points, and Horde had already capped SHGY when I zoned in. Only 2 of the games were “fresh” matches.

And yes, the AFK-out/ragequit rate is just ATROCIOUS. It seems even worse than before the patch. Every game around the same time there are 6-8 people that ragequit or leave early.

2 Likes

Several runs today and the GY change has had zero effect. I was only able to get 1 fresh run in and watched SHGY get walked right over bu the Horde as it did before.

2 Likes

Finally a horde win!!

Dont understand why the gy was changed as almost every av ive been in the last month alli never stop and use that gy- its a zerg to the hord base and usually with 1 tower up still kill Drek.

Today horde didnt race. Sat on our two towers and turtled basically. Won with a few hundred more resources than alli

It’s good for alliance since it limits access to the GY. Allows for alliance to focus on the IWB area rather than having to watch and switch between left and right side.

You can lead a horse to water…

This new GY is NOT the change needed but it IS an improvement IF players take advantage of it by playing defense instead of the old backcap game they played for years. Getting alliance players to change tho…

It’s more like leading stubborn old mules to water.

2 Likes

You see Ivus more because it’s a response to the “oh god we are stuck behind SHGY and now lose” situation ally end up in when things go bad. Druids break turtles.

1 Like

The solution to the problem in AV is brain dead simple, yet Blizzard refuses to do it.

BGs need to dole out a constant reward as you go in some way, like other games do. With a bonus at the end that grows bigger the longer the game goes.

Winning should get you more, but all or nothing how you end up with this toxic mess. It gets even worse when fast stomp wins are more rewarding than hard fought ones.

This also solves the problem of people afking out at the first sign of a loss (and who can blame them?), and the problem of factions dominating some BGs.

2 Likes

I think the best solution is to make a terrain change at IBGY. A snow ramp that allows access to the current IBGY rez point from the field of strife. The rez point for IBGY should be moved to the high ground next to TP to allow easy drop-in defense of the flag cap.

This would remove the “perfect” choke point, a single point of entry with both the flag and rez point close behind, and make this similar to the multiple ways to get past IWB & GY area

3 Likes

I don’t know how the devs sleep at night making a bg not symmetrical and expect balance. If you want to play dev and solve all the problems of the bg then start by advocating they make it symmetrical. The bg can never be “balanced” until the bg is symmetrical.

2 Likes

The BEST solution in my opinion (that I know we have brought up before over the years)…setup the systems to swap sides.

All your NPCs and “Flags” I assume are labeled in code. Randomly / To each side…assign a flag to the NPCs and what not…so sometimes Horde start in the north and have to “retake” THEIR base.

Everywhere an Alli NPC spawns…spawn the equalivalant Horde NPCs. GY / Tower Flags…the same.

1. Some maps…like AV…(and IoC) should SWAP starting sides from time to time. Hell…make it a weekly change thing, sort of like Warfront control.

2. To help with faction imbalance…in RANDOM BGs…factions should just be mixed to even out Q times. 20+ on Horde VS 4mins on Alli. :frowning:

1 Like

Unfortunately, patch week fell on BG week. There are a lot of people who have no clue, even in the smaller BGs atm.

1 Like